HELP, what is wrong with me?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all, i am new to this forum and have never posted anything online anywhere before so please be kind. Allso i am typing this on my phone so please excuse my spelling. I am hoping somebody can help diagnose my problem or atleats point me in the right direction.i am going to include as much detail as possible so some facts may be irrelavant and this may be a long post, apologies. I am 20 and Female. So...Since i was 12 i have been constantly tierd. In 2007 i found a rash on my right ankle, this was diagnosed as granuloma annulare, i still have it and it has got more uneven and larger, it started as a tiny spot and now is a 50p! It continues to grow...In 2010 i was diagnosed with endometriosis having had trouble with my periods for years and having developed pain when going to the loo and a constant dull ache around my bottom. Was told to tricycle the pill.In 2011 (4 months later) i was doing an exam when my left side of my body started tingling and my face went numb, i tried to speak and nothing but rubbish came out. I was terrified. Later that day i experienced the worst headache and nausea i had ever had. Doctors said it was a migraine caused by microgynon and prescribed me cerrazette instead. Endometriosis symptoms died down however i am left with allmost constant periods.Throughout this whole time i had been back to the doctors numerous times with symptoms of, extreme fatigue, dizzyness, weakness, buzzing in hands and feet, foggy thinking,constipation, i feel like my brain doesn't work, surreal feeling, numb lips, cold all the time,swollen calves, yellow hand and much more. Had blood tests which were all clear so naturally i was told it was all in my head and was prescribed ametryptilene for depression. I am not depressed and it is not in my head but i tried anyway. Suprise the meds didn't work. So i went back. And begged for another blood test which was all clear. To be told i am depressed again! I am not depressed (and am amazed how i can make my legs swell and hands yello if its in my head) so i was prescribed sertraline. I tried it just incase. This takes me to today. I have really persivered with the sertraline just incase and allmost a year later i am no better. My concern now is that for the last month i have felt like someone is choking me constantly and have gone from 127lbs to 148lbs in 3 months despite being healthy and active. I now feel worse than ever and the doctors won't believe me. I do have a doctors appointment again tommorrow. Any suggestions? Hello all, i am new to this forum and have never posted anything online anywhere before so please be kind. Allso i am typing this on my phone so please excuse my spelling. I am hoping somebody can help diagnose my problem or atleats point me in the right direction.i am going to include as much detail as possible so some facts may be irrelavant and this may be a long post, apologies. I am 20 and Female. So...Since i was 12 i have been constantly tierd. In 2007 i found a rash on my right ankle, this was diagnosed as granuloma annulare, i still have it and it has got more uneven and larger, it started as a tiny spot and now is a 50p! It continues to grow...In 2010 i was diagnosed with endometriosis having had trouble with my periods for years and having developed pain when going to the loo and a constant dull ache around my bottom. Was told to tricycle the pill.In 2011 (4 months later) i was doing an exam when my left side of my body started tingling and my face went numb, i tried to speak and nothing but rubbish came out. I was terrified. Later that day i experienced the worst headache and nausea i had ever had. Doctors said it was a migraine caused by microgynon and prescribed me cerrazette instead. Endometriosis symptoms died down however i am left with allmost constant periods.Throughout this whole time i had been back to the doctors numerous times with symptoms of, extreme fatigue, dizzyness, weakness, buzzing in hands and feet, foggy thinking,constipation, i feel like my brain doesn't work, surreal feeling, numb lips, cold all the time,swollen calves, yellow hand and much more. Had blood tests which were all clear so naturally i was told it was all in my head and was prescribed ametryptilene for depression. I am not depressed and it is not in my head but i tried anyway. Suprise the meds didn't work. So i went back. And begged for another blood test which was all clear. To be told i am depressed again! I am not depressed (and am amazed how i can make my legs swell and hands yello if its in my head) so i was prescribed sertraline. I tried it just incase. This takes me to today. I have really persivered with the sertraline just incase and allmost a year later i am no better. My concern now is that for the last month i have felt like someone is choking me constantly and have gone from 127lbs to 148lbs in 3 months despite being healthy and active. I now feel worse than ever and the doctors won't believe me. I do have a doctors appointment again tommorrow. Any suggestions?

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi either underactive thyroid or parathyroid ask for bloods
  • Posted

thanks for the reply, i went to the doctors and asked about my thryoid, they didn't seem concerned. My previous blood tests for thyroid was january 2.5 and july 0.94. Is this normal? It seems a big change to me! Should i be concerned? I have requested another test on friday so wel see how it goes. Thanks
  • Posted

get second opinion ask at the hospital

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.