Help! What's going on with my cycle?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm really starting to get worried now. I had a period that lasted from March 4 until March 8 then I was fooling around with my boyfriend on the 9th and he was fingering me quite roughly and I started another period that lasted from March 10 until March 15. I thought maybe he'd cut me or something but it didn't hurt at all and was just exactly like a period. Since then we've had sex, always using a condom and always checking it after to make sure it didn't break and it never has. The only thing is I've had really thin discharge/mucus since and it smells differently but not specifically of anything. It hasn't got a fishy smell or any other particular smell it just doesn't smell like it normally does. I've never had thin discharge before. It's about the same amount as I've normally had in the past though but in the past it's been thicker than this, it's currently water thin and creamy white (the colour's normal for me). The only thing is I've not had my next period yet. For safe measures I took a pregnancy test on Sunday and it was negative. I was due to start last Sunday at the latest, counting from the last day of the first period I had in March, or this coming Sunday at the latest counting from the last day of the second "period" I had in March. I've never missed a period before and I've never had 2 periods 2 days apart. I'm actually starting to get scared now, has anybody got any clue what this could be? Please help. Oh and also I was ill with flu like symptoms last week from the Thursday until Sunday, could that have pushed back my period a little bit too?

0 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

You are stressing over nothings. Sex can mess w your cycle. Discharge changes texture, color and smell several times through the hormone cycle. You sound very young and I'd say it changes the most between the ages of 13-20... Has to do w puberty and hormones changing.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thank you, you're the first person that's told me sex can mess with your cycle, it hadn't even occurred to me yet and the only thing the internet kept regurgitating to me was that I must be pregnant despite the negative pregnancy test. I'm 20 in a couple of months. I guess I've just never paid close enough attention to the texture and smell of my discharge before now. Thank you for putting my mind at ease smile
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Are you on any birth control? My period has been wacky and some strange things like that. Just stress can cause changes in your cycle. I'm sure w all the precautions you're taking, you're not pregnant. Might ease your mind to get an UID.
      Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up