Help with depression

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,I don't really know where to start but I've been suffering from depression for a while now and guess I'm asking if anyone can give me any pointers of how to help myself?

I'm a single mum of 5,life's just so hard at the moment,I don't want to eat or get out of bed in the morning,is there anyone that feels any of this or can help?

I've been to the doctors and have been given anti depression tablets but have been in these before I didn't see any effect but I thought it'd be at least worth another try x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have the depression like you too. If it possible go out and have a walk, you may will feel better.
  • Posted

Hi thank you for the reply,I do go out,I don't have a choice I have children that I have to take to school so I have to force myself to do this,just wish is could get to a point where it's not a struggle and I don't have to force myself,I feel tired all the time with very little energy,I also suffer from panic attacks a lot when I do go out,although I suffer from them at home too x
  • Posted

Sometimes you need to take the anti-depressants for about 6 weeks and sometimes longer before you feel the full effect of them. If they still aren't making you feel better, you may need a higher dose or try a different anti-depressant. It might also be worth looking into counselling. Sometimes it's just good to talk to someone who understands.
  • Posted

Hi,I have taken them for about 3 months before and still didn't feel the effect,have tried 2 different types but still didn't help,I've looked into counselling but they could only offer me group therapy and I'm really not confident enough to do that,I guess its easier on here as no one knows me x
  • Posted

Hi, I also have counselling for 7 times and I do not feel it help. However, it is really good to have someone who is willing to listen to you even though you do not speak too much. Do you have any friend or relative who is willing to stay with you even you do not talk?

• Posted

By the way, keep taking pills, they will help eventually.
  • Posted

Depression has many faces and needs to be worked on slowly, unpicking each issue at a time can help as well as medication and some talking therapy. It sounds to me that you are someone who never really gets a break and its all about the kids. I know..is suffer from Depression and have 2 kids let alone 5!!! My advice would be to do the above and when the kids are at school try things that will make you relax..who is looking after you?! You need support and time to be good to your self. Try and pamper yourself and see people when you can. Depression can be isolating so its good to reach out to help you feel like you have a life too. You will get better, you can do it but just take small achievable steps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.