Help with sweats and upset tummy

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi everyone could you help me I'm on day 4 of my sertraline 50mg and I am so clammy then I go cold I have no appetite and feel quite light headed is this normal or should I ring doctors x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi yes this is normal I had the same when I first started on sertraline,it does pass but if you are worried contact your doc
  • Posted

I start taking it tomorrow I'm nervous reading all these stories about it
    • Posted

dont be nervous jen or nichola these are common side affects of initially taking anti depressants. they take between 2-6 weeks to kick in mine took abut four this time and they do make you feel worse before you feel better. this is because they are renewing/replacing the good feel cells which make us happy please bear with then as they do kick in and will help. im not telling this to worry you or make you nervous but to help you understand why we feel so bad in the initial stages hope this helps you both
    • Posted

Thanks sue I've just been out with dogs for some fresh air and I am so clammy especially at the back of my neck like a burning feeling it's awful xx
  • Posted

when I don't have an appetite I drink Ensure nutrition drink
  • Posted

nicola you will go of your food my love it was great for me as chocolate is my downfall and i even went off that!! but i can afford to lose a few pounds but you will get your apetite back
  • Posted

Took Valium for two days it does take the edge but makes me a lil dizzy, dizziness has been a major issue for me the doctors at the er think its anxiety related. My anxiety is extra high during the daytime so I'm very nervous about taking sertaline I was prescribed 50mg doctor said I can cut it in half. Also have lost of appetite
  • Posted

Change meds I would say if u r not liking the side effects

What are u like without meds

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.