Help..worried!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. .I'm 23 years old female with 18 mths old and happily married..I have been suffering with health anxiety for 6 mths..but I'm not convinced its anxiety link what every one around me and docs says..I have been worried about my heart a lot..and ever since I heard of news of a young guy who passed away of heart attack and had my first panic attack after a nightmare that I was dying,I can't seem to shake the worry off..I have been getting a lot of symptoms..I'm just really scared..will really like to know if someone with anxiety going through such symptoms. .I have dizziness,palpitations,shortness of breath and chest discomforts sometimes pain..for now it'seems chest soreness feeling right at the centre where if I curl my body inwards can feel a tenderness/sore sensation which at times can be pain too..I did 5 ecgs and blood test and urine test..everything came fine and healthy..docs says I think too much..he but my GP is good he understandsaid and willing to help me but right now he'said on 2 weeks long holiday for cristmas and this paranoia of mind is getting out of hand today..some days I feEl good and Okey. .but I notice if I take an afternoon nap I tend to wake up in panic with palpitations alot..anybody knows why?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety.Try not to focus on the symptoms.Think- its just anxiety i am ok.If it keeps worrying you however,go to a doc and get another opinion.No one knows but you what you are going through. Can only give an opinion.Hope you can relax and feel better.xx
  • Posted

I feel the same as you! I had rapid heart rate and it scared the life out of me they say I was anxious although I felt fine but later found I was anaemic and not eating/drinking enough which could contribute! I now suffer anxiety due to my heart worries but have had some tests and they say I'm fine. I've got a baby and it scares me to think I could leave her at any moment.

I've had a few good weeks thigh and not felt anxious but it's now creeping back up. Just think how many tests you've had done and your fine they don't get it wrong numerous times in a row trust me. Just try and relax, I get palpitations a lot and I got an ectopic beat the other night, it was so hard I thought it would stop but I was so anxious and that's why it did it. As for your chest discomfort it's cause your tense you need to relax have a warm bath try and relax every muscle in your you will feel relief if you try your best to relax. Xx

• Posted

Ya that's my worry too..my 18 months old son and like if anything seriously happen than what about him..I'm a natural worrier with everything in life..but this is the first time I worry about my health to this extend..I just wanna raise my son up and do my responsibilities..it's just very worrying..I have had 5 normal ecgs and full blood count came in healthy too..and all the other blood pressure heart rate etc seem Okey. .5 docs listened to my heart and lungs and told me sound clear and strong..I'm 23 without at bad habits..I had a bit of a post natal depression..so what are your symptoms that makes you worry about your heart?
  • Posted

There are some relaxation exercises on the side under related information.When you wake up feeling anxious try them.Practice a few times so you will be able to do them automatically.When we sleep and wake up we get a surge of adrenaline to help energy.If you are sensitive at this time in your life it will help your mind balance.It will put you in control.It will send signal to emotional brain that you are in a safe environment 
  • Posted

I have been getting a tight constricted feeling under my arm pit for 3 months now. How long have you been getting it and what does it feel like? I am really starting to get really scared. Does your arm feel weak when you this?
    • Posted

I use to get those too but now no more..mine is around 5-6 months. .ya me too..but I guess we have to convince ourselves we'really Okey
    • Posted

Yours lasted 5-6 months? I just want to know what it is its so uncomfortable and sometimes I get pain in my shoulder and upper arm.
    • Posted

Ya I know what you mean..that's my biggest worry..everyday I wake up with soreness and tension in the centre of my chest..and shoulders and back..that's what makes me anxious..I hate the feeling in my chest..I have had 5 normal ecgs..bloods came fine too..and docs told me my heart and lungs are clear and strong..sigh..I don't know what to do and how to get the idea out of my head..my docson says anxiety. .and told me to go for a long trip and clear my head..my mentality always keep thinking what if some wrong with my health my heart..what if I die at 23 and leave my son without a mum..Imy just fed up with this..I really just wanna be anice average 23 year old happy and young..take care of husband and son..and just enjoy my youth..I don't wanna think a death and illness and bla bla bla. .do have that kind of thoughts too?
  • Posted

Sorry you are so distressed.Sounds like health anxiety.Try and calm down and tell yourself its probably just anxiety symptoms and you will be ok.If you need to,see another doctor before yours comes back but i think you are just making yourself sick with worry.xxx
  • Posted

With the soreness in the muscles on waking,just an idea,how is your mattress?A bad matress can caus those symptoms.
    • Posted

I am using a good mattress actually..I had this discomfort only recently within this 6 months..I used the same mattress for 2 years now..I don't have any problems with it..but I will try and see..maybe you're right.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.