Help worried shooting pains and very sore

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi ladies , I feel like I am becoming the worst patient ever and maybe I am turning in a hypochondriac.LOL. But after just getting over a severe and painful bladder infection, I am now experiencing shooting pains in my lower abdomen - right hand side very low down, has any one had anything like this. I am also very sore at the rear of my perineum and it smarks, the heavy feeling down there is quite bad today and I am regretting sitting at my computer doing work for so long. Only 1 hour sessions with a 20 minute break, and only for 4 hrs. My boss is keen for me to rturn to work and I thought I would see how I coped just sitting for such long periods. Not at all it seems. Going to stay strong and not let them bully me. Will try for shorter sessions and longer breaks tomorrow and even a day nap as utterly exhausted and concerned. You know it felt good to do some work as was feeling so useless but guess we must all learn to listen to our bodies more. Hope you are all healing well 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Does sound like you should be taking it easier, maybe infection has just put you back a bit. My sister reminds me when I over do things ' what's a few weeks in comparison to the rest of your life' . We all have a lot of living to do so need to be careful not to overdo things.

Look after yourself xx

• Posted

Hi Tilley, Yes sounds like you are overdoing it.Don't let your boss push you back into work too soon. We need time to heal. I just had a few visitors yesterday and am shattered today and aching and have a heavy feeling. So am planning on a floppy day to recover. Can you just have a floppy day? Also do you sometimes get a little down with it all ? X
    • Posted

Thanks for reply, did overdo it last week a bit but eased up alot this. Think will take your advice and have a rest day tomorrow. yes I do get down with it all, think that's why when something happens I tend to think the worst. Think pain may be realted to bladder infection which I thought was easing so stopped tablets as advised but didnt go docs as no pain. Pain back when I pee so docs to me tomorrow too if pain doen't ease .Down but not out and will keep smiling. Hope you do too. 
  • Posted

I went back to work at 6 weeks (desk job). I was in bed every night at 8 for the first week. Couldn't have gone back at 5 weeks. Rest and you will recover more quickly. It's a false economy to do too much too soon. I saw a massive improvement between 5 and 6 weeks. Rest up. Very dull but necessary.
    • Posted

Thanks everyone, think apins due to bladder infection which I thought had gone , got GP appt today. Will try and heed evryone kind concerns about resting up more. Spoke to my boss this morning and will still continue to do few hours from home but over whole length of day and with more breaks and afternoon nap or at least couch rest. Really appreciate support, help and above all stength this site gives me. Realising I was not being pathetic or unresonable because of what you lovely ladies posted , gave me courage to speak up. Wishing you all healing wishes and thanks for being there for me. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.