hemorrhoids or not?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. im a 14 year old male and for weeks upon weeks now inside my anus it very slightly stings but feels more tickly. I thought it could've been pinworm as I had it last year but that itching was unbearable and this doesn't feel as bad (sometimes does) and there is no worms in my stool.

It tends to come more at night but this is just because I'm lying down as it happens during the day if I lie down, another reason why im trying to prove to myself it's not worms.

It is mostly on the right hand side, sometimes on the left and sometimes feels like something is literally clogging up the center which feels horrible and tickles really bad. I've let it go for weeks now but its scary. I've got a hold of a latex glove and waited for the cloggy feeling to reach and grab a worm but nothing.

any other ideas? I've been told hemorrhoids are really painful. I have GERD but read somewhere that what I'm feeling could be linked to IBS, and from what I know the stomach feeling from IBS and GERD can be very similar? I get it very bad.

thanks for reading and sorry for not being so clear.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Stephen, like you point out, there could be a number of reasons, even a yeast infection like Thrush, which could be easily treated with some cream. But we would all be guessing on here. You really do need to see a GP.

I know that could make you feel embarrassed, especially if you would also have to tell a parent for them to take you to attend the appointment, but you do really need to get it checked out.

Doctors see all sorts of things, so try not to worry or feel embarrassed. What you don't want to do is to leave it and for things to get worse.

Hope you go and get help smile

• Posted

Hi Stephen,

Anyone of us adults would be CRAZY to offer a minor any medical advice. Go to the doctor, when you find out what it is come back and share. There is a list of things it could be but you need tests and a doctor. Go to a gastroenterologist and when you tell your doctor, make a huge deal out of it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.