Hemroid surgery.... I am 6 days post op.... they didn't prepare me for before and after the pain is

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am 6 days post op .... I have been battling this for years

And decided to fix it!!! Wow I never imagined the pain

I was 4 days without a BM the pressure was excruciating

I called the dr office repeatedly... the told me to take stool softener after the fact... 4 days of Percocet I could not have a BM . I could not take the pressure my legs were going numb I was scared to death! I ended up in the ER feeling impacted. After years of constipation I knew the feeling! Post op the ER Doc after

Giving me multiple shots directly into my anus!! With stitches and all ... good god you can't imagine.. I was sewn so tight and the swelling I could never have had a BM he couldn't even get his finger in .. he was trying to stretch my skin ... I did not want that after going through all this for him to rip out the stitching?? Not sure if I'd ever do it again at this time.... They finally gave me an enama I felt relief it was by far the worst pain I have ever had in my life.... my entire body was shaking from the pain. It was violent! Sent me home with ibuprofen... every little tiny BM is a production stinging burning pressure... if you decide to move forward get prepared!!! Stool softener stool softener!! Stay ahead of the pain (the opioids ) caused more harm than good for me!!! I'm still recovering I'll let you know in a few days how I'm progressing!!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi, this all sounds awful. I am waiting for my hospital appointment. Where did you have your operation?. Hope you are felling better.
    • Posted

I had my surgery in Ohio, I'm not sure what you do for a living or if you are to busy to pay attention to your BM habits... my problems started in my early 20's after child birth... then heavy work loaded days family and running my business... I ignored it for years and decided to have this done..again . this is the second time for me I had one hemriod and multiple skin tags they called it.... they did not have me prep the night before and I thought that was strange... I figured I don't have md after my name so I'm thinking like oh this is going to be simple.....THINK again... I have been taking metimucil for three days now and it has helped a ton... I did read on line to use Epsom salts in bath and crazy enough a frozen hot dog on my bum wrapped in plastic of course.. these have all helped... it is exhausting!!! The pain is still there with big time managing!! If you do this pay attention to your diet ... prepare for the worst pain ever. Set your alarm on your phone for sure for pain .... do not let it get ahead of you!!!! Hope this helped ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.