here a new one

Posted , 15 users are following.

yesterday i was having a slight argument with hubby and i said something like we used to be able to talk things out but now a days all we seem to argue and he turns to me and says- when its your fault because going you are going through this menopause stuff ( he did use another word) and that is what the real problem is!! i was so taken back i know things have changed and i cannot control somethings but how awful to say that when he knows how hard it is fro me somedays just to get out of bed!! the pains in my knees the weight gain the periods that come when ever they want and still i try my best to run this house and keep everyone happy!! I just dont know what to say to this or how to feel- now i truly feel like a real loser!!! thanks so  much for letting me vent but i have to say still feeling very down about myself!!!!

1 like, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Awwww Kathy

Typical man rant on and don't think about what they say the least thing upsets us I know that feeling well

Don't be down on yourself I sympathise with the knee pain n getting out of bed in February I was wrapped up in bed all day everyday or just sat in my Dressingown not wanting to be bothered I never ate didn't feel like anything hence I've lost 2 & 1/2 stone I feel better in myself just this excruciating pain in my knees n legs are getting me very down

Hope your feeling better

I've been to my gp and put it to him cud I be menopausal as I had hysterectomy in 1990 n had 1 ovary leftin had bloods done n my oestrogen was in my boots so I've been started on a low dose if HRT been on it a week tomorrow so see how I get on x

• Posted

thanks carol for your support and your kind words-nice to know there is a place i can go too where people understand me- thanks so much
  • Posted

i'm so very sorry that the one person who YOU would be there for in sickness and in health would say that!   i worked in a gyne office and this was the chief complaint of women by their husbands (what yours said), and by women about their husbands (what you said) and family.   i'm 52 years old and no one (not the women in my family, not the gynes when i was a younger woman) has ever wanted to talk about menopause.  you know why??  doctors don't ever want to (take the time to) talk about something that isn't happening NOW - which i think is a shame because i would LOVE to have been better prepared; and women because at one point (and still to a degree) it was synonymous with mental illness.  women had to bear with it,  or be cast aside or put into the loony bin.  some choice huh??  

i am single and thank the goddess that i am because i KNOW that my ex would have left me alone in this.  he left me alone in neck pain, surgery and depression that pre and proceeded.  you have to stay strong for YOU and your household.  you can't force him to understand or help you out.  i'm sorry, but that's all the advice i have; that's the reality of it.   oh.... and if you are eating sugary foods, breads, pastas, sodas, and even caffeine, etc... stop!  i really believe that it complicates hormonal change issues.  lots of luck to you and keep talking, ranting whatever.  don't keep it in!

• Posted

thanks so much kristi for all your support and advice. so nice to know i can vent and people understand why thanks again
  • Posted

I could not agree more with what Kirsti has said including the alcohol, caffiene and processed carbs......I have stopped drinking alcohol and tea nad coffee and no white carbs and not even that much whole carbs.  I get my carbs from vegetables.  Athough I am now on HRT I think this also helped my health in general.  I would also add sugar to that list...ditch the sugar as much as you can and move...does not have to be full blown exercise but even a bit of walking every day is good for women going through this; or for anyone for that matter.XXX
  • Posted

Massive hugs to you and please, you are not a loser, you are a beautiful strong woman. Men just don't get it! it's a pity that they can't step into our bodies for a while so that they could understand how awful this feels. I sometimes think that there is a part of men that always requires attention and us to run around doing everything for them and when we need to withdraw because we feel ill, they just fall apart and feel abandoned, my husband is 7yrs younger than me and he is acting like a spoilt child because i can't do all that i used to as quick as i did and still expects me to remember and sort all his stuff too, i don't know where we will end up, my kids are grown and independant but i could just walk away at this moment. Stay wonderful sweetheart, hope you are ok and try to keep smiling xxxx
    • Posted

thank you so much for your support buddah girl and you are right they cannot take care of everthing like we can!!! my kids are aslo grown and i would love to walk away from this house! i cannot take this fighting all the time with him and getting no where because he feels i am so wrong in things that i say and do that i just dont know what to do anymore!!!! I wish to god i had money to walk away but i left my good paying job to raise our kids and now i only have a part time job and i dont make much money at all!!! i truly feel stuck here and i cant take it much more!!! Sorry to be venting to you i just have had it-thanks a bunch for your support-kathy 
    • Posted

Sorry Kathy,

Earlier this morning I wrote to you but I see that I did not understand to what depths of sadness you feel with your husband. It's a bad feeling to feel stuck in a relationship at any point in our lives, especially now. 

I wish there was something I could say to be of more comfort to you, as what I wrote earlier apparently does not apply to your situation. Is there anyone (friend or family member) that can help you move out from that situation? Even on a temporary basis to get some space between you two for a bit might be helpful. 

Again, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad at this time.

Annie Xxxx

• Posted

Sorry Kathy,

Earlier this morning I wrote to you but I see that I did not understand to what depths of sadness you feel with your husband. It's a bad feeling to feel stuck in a relationship at any point in our lives, especially now. 

I wish there was something I could say to be of more comfort to you, as what I wrote earlier apparently does not apply to your situation. Is there anyone (friend or family member) that can help you move out from that situation? Even on a temporary basis to get some space between you two for a bit might be helpful. 

Again, I am so sorry you are feeling so bad at this time.

Annie Xxxx

• Posted

hi annie thank you so much for your kind words and support it is so nice of you. i wish there was a place to go but my mom lives with me so her house is out and everyone else is kinda filled up in there homes right now/ believe me i have thought long and hard to make a change but i just am unable to do it!! but thanks again i cant tell you how much it means to me that someone cares of me and takes the time to let me know you are a wonderful person thanks a bunch!!! - kathy
    • Posted

Hi Kathy, vent all you like my lovely, i understand completely. I too took part time work when my kids were small and as you, don't earn much so i can sympathise with you on that. I try to spend as much time in the garden as i can as i find it really relaxing growing things and being in the fresh air and i am also making crystal and wire trees now which also takes my mind off how bad things are, is there anything that you maybe would like to do so you can have 'you time' and that would give you some space? i know it doesn't change the situation as such but i have found that it can relieve the tension a bit. I hope you are ok, stay strong beautiful one, you are amazing and worthy of being happy, lots of love and hugs xxxx
  • Posted

Hi kathy

At times my boyfriend does not understand what is going on with me and he starts arguing about stuff to Yes it hurts when he says hurtful things to me 

• Posted

OMG this could be me, but i get it from the kids too, rolling eyes, saying the drs phone flashes my name when i ring so they dont answer,but i did find that funny.I tell them they will need sombody one day. Ive been to hospital too all turned out to be nothing,thank god. Now he is feeling rough and when he says anything i do exactley the same to him,roll my eyes and grin,it really winds him up.What goes around comes around. Im post now so hopefully on the up,it does get better.i usualy go to bed early when i have rough days,change my thoughts to somthing else,it does work and now i dont end up in a&e.Good luck hun stay strong and dont let anyone bring you down because it does make you feel worthless,and vunuarable excuse spelling lol xxx
  • Posted

One of the ladies commented, saying 'They (men) don't understand what is happening to us and quite frankly I think it scares them' I am not suprised they don't understand, I don't , and it scares me and I am going through it!

But I have to say that my husband as been a 'star'. He has put up with things no one should, though, being married our contract states for better and for worse, and this is the worst.

However, its not the men, (who actually have good reason not to understand), but women, some who are already in it or past menopause, who seem not to be empathetic ones, which I find terrible. Anyway, Kathy, don't be too annoyed with him... he is only being honest, regardless if we like it or not, it is our hormones, and whilst not our fault, it gives us no excuse either. We will laugh at this one day, ... after we have stopped crying that is!

• Posted

you are lucky to have your man believe me!!! thanks everyone for understanding and supporting me and i really hope you are right we will  laugh about this someday if i make it to then!!!! thanks a bunch kathy
    • Posted

I do really feel for my husband, and I know I am lucky, but with some of the moods I get, I will be honest, he has no choice!!!

We will all suffering with this obnoxious conditiontion, just have to try and remember, there has to be a life after menopause, and if not... well we'll just survive the best we can, like we already do and have, I suppose. But thats why there is a good chance of course you'll make it Kathy, and that you'll laugh again one day... you're a women!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.