Here but not here ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hello ladies . Does anyone know what I mean by this title ? It's really weird . It happened to me earlier . I was having a clear out , sorting out clothes , trying desperately to get motivated , when I had this weird almost out of body experience . Does this make sense ? I was there , but felt somewhat detached from myself . Am I going mad ? It's such a job to explain . Also this is the first month in ages that I'm actually late . It's usually between three and four weeks that I come on . It's now four and a half weeks since my last period , so hopefully they will start lengthing out to give me a breather from all the bleeding . Anyway some advice would be greatly appreciated . I turned 50 in August . Jane X 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Jane,

Yes!!!! You're not going mad! The last couple days Ive had this off and on all darn day! I do not have a period, I had a hysterectomy 16 yrs ago but kept my ovaries. I just started Estrace Cream a week ago and for me I think that's causing my fogginess, my doc says no, but I'm not buying it. I found an article about hormones and what can happen with too much or too little, mine are all too little of estrogen and progesterone! Give it a look, it might help you decide if this could be your issue!!

How do I know if my hormone levels are off-balance?

Finding the right balance of hormones can be tricky especially after an oophorectomy (removal of ovaries). Luckily, your body is usually pretty good about telling you what it needs. Simple symptoms may easily be ignored, but it's important to note that these symptoms have been reported by women experiencing hormone imbalance. If you have any of these symptoms, discuss them with your doctor during your next checkup as you consider managing menopause with hormone replacement therapy.

Keep a symptom diary to take to your doctor to discuss adjusting your hormone levels. Note any symptoms along with the length of the symptom and the intensity.

Here are some general indicators to help you as you keep your symptoms diary:

Too much estrogen:

Water retention

Fatigue

Breast swelling

Fibrocystic breasts

PMS-like symptoms

Loss of sex drive

Uterine fibroids

Craving for sweets

Weight gain

Too little estrogen:

Hot flashes

Shortness of breath

Night sweats

Sleep disorders

Vaginal shrinkage

Painful intercourse

Vaginal dryness

Dry skin

Anxiety

Mood swings

Headache

Depression

Memory Loss

Heart palpitaions

Yeast infections

Inability to reach orgasm

Too much progesterone:

Depression

Somnolence

Too little progesterone:

Headache

Hot flashes

Low libido

Anxiety

Night sweats

Swollen breasts

Painful breasts

Sleep disorder

Shortness of breath

Moodiness

Vaginal shrinkage

Fuzzy thinking

Painful intercourse

Depression

Vaginal dryness

Food cravings

Dry skin

Irritability

Insomnia

Mood swings

Memory loss

Weight gain

Heart palpitations

Bloating

Yeast infections

Inability to concentrate

Inability to reach orgasm

Painful joints

Asthma

Too much testosterone:

Oily skin

Acne

Facial hair

Deepening voice

Feelings of anger and aggression

Male pattern baldness

Clitoral enlargement

Too little testosterone:

Vaginal dryness

Urinary incontinence

Dry skin

Brittle hair

Decreased sexual desire

Reduced energy and sense of well-being

Insensitivity to clitoral stimulation

Insensitivity to nipple stimulation

Decreased arousability overall

Lower capacity for orgasm

Thinning of pubic hair (for some women)

Hope this helps!!

• Posted

Hi Jane 

You are not going weird , the symptoms of the menopause make you feel like your going mad but it just the declining hormones levels that have a huge effect on your body . 

Keep strong and have a lot of support at this time ; you need it 

Love Linda xx

• Posted

I've been thinking lately, "Who am I? Where did I go?" 

Simple activities that were part of my every day life now seem foreign, and very far away.

I've decided to try to ride it out, and think of it as transitioning into a new me.

Detaching from myself might be a good thing, in many ways.

Meanwhile, I feel like I'm often bleeding to death, verging on anemia, and getting anxiety I thought I'd resolved long ago.  Bla.

I feel for you. I just discovered these forums and am relieved to know whatever I'm going through is nothing unusual.  That list of symptoms Gigi just posted? Yep- all of the above LOL.

• Posted

Hi Jane the only time I had an out of body experience was when I had my first migraine about 3 years ago, I didn't really have a headache I just had bit of a fuzzy head and felt like I wasn't in my own body but it was quite scary... I had one migraine sometime after that but no more now. Maybe you had a migraine too.

• Posted

I know what you mean.  I feel spaced out and not quite with it at all.  I feel like I'm going mad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.