Here I am again!!!! I have a question.

Posted , 15 users are following.

It seems I've been on here a lot lately. I know a lot of you ladies have spoken about waking up depressed, low mood, dark thoughts, feeling like you're in flight or mode etc. But it seems to get better as the day goes on. One of the ladies did explain that cortisol is higher in the morning and may be the reason for the terrible feelings and it lowers throughout the day so we feel better later in the day.

?BUT, has anyone woke up terrified? I mean literally afraid to get out of bed? That happened to me this morning. I have had many mornings(who am kidding, that's most mornings) where I didn't  feel like getting out of bed, but being scared to get out of bed is a new one. Then I cried on the way to work.  My health anxiety is also bad again. Are any of you afraid you are dying of something and you won't be able to live out your dreams and goals(whatever they are,  everyone has different dreams and goals some of mine are marriage, traveling, long healthy retirement, long life, and health for family).

?I pray, exercise, drink plenty of water, take a good multivitamin, magnesium, fish oil, D3. I take a mild antidepressant(it's a SNRI, not a SSRI because the side effects are so nasty). I have Valium, but don't take it very often because I don't want to get addicted(they're like my security blanket in case of the really bad days and believe it or not I didn't take any today lol). Honestly I wonder how I would cope if I wasn't doing the few things I am doing to feel better. I don't think I've ever talked to God so much or been closer to him.

5 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Next
  • Posted

The mornings are so bad for me. I wake up and dread the day. I have feelings of dread, nothing to look forward to, wanting to sit and cry.  I did have a lot of health anxiety. So I went to have a lot of tests done to alleviate some of that worry. I have a generic Xanax and I too try to save it for when I really need it 

I am in menopause would love to know if others already in menopause still feel this way. 

• Posted

I am almost eight years post menopausal and feel that way. Don't get nervous, my estrogen level was very high so I had NO menopausal symptom until 2014. It took that long for my levels to drop enough to start having symptoms. I have weeks where I'm my old self and then the bottom will drop out. But God loves me and you too, so we soldier on.

• Posted

Oh also I do pray a lot. And make sure I go to church. It gives me some peace. 
    • Posted

Yes, I really like my church. If I miss a Sunday I can watch the sermon on line later that week. God and you ladies have been my lifeline.
    • Posted

Thanks for info on vitamins, sorry but have another question for you I am pretty much homebound due to Meno and server panic and anxiety and Diverticulosis  would you mind sharing your online church link so I can watch a sermon online. 
    • Posted

It's not a national church and it's non-denominational. It's called The Church at Rock Creek. It's in Arkansas. That's how you know you have the right one. If you have an iPhone(go to the app store). If you have an Android phone go to the Play store. Type in Church at Rock Creek and download the app. Sunday sermons are usually ready by Wednesday. The app is blue with little waves in it. People think because it's a southern church it's going to be hellfire and brimstone, but we are a very progressive church. I hope you enjoy the sermons. They always seem to be just what I need.

• Posted

Oh I have no idea what the link is since I just downloaded the app. Plus if you put links on here your the moderator makes you comment disappear.
  • Posted

Jesus is always the answer. I really struggle also. Making it double hard, is that my Mom died last Friday. Jesus did promise He would never leave or forsake us and that He is our stronghold in times of struggle. Praying for you.
    • Posted

I'm so sorry for your loss Bassilli. I lost both my parent at a young age. I can't imagine losing a parent in the throes of menopause. "In this world you will have trials and tribulations, but take heart, for I have overcome the world".  ((((((HUGS))))))

• Posted

good multivitamin:  which kind do you take, I need a real good one!
    • Posted

It's called ALIVE! Women's 50 plus. I take the gummies. They cost about 9.00 at Walmart. I don't know if you are in the US or not. If not, I'm sure you can get them on Amazon. I take this brand because, it has minerals, fruits, and veggies in it.  We don't always get all our nutrients through food. For a while I wasn't eating properly because of nausea, just not feeling hungry.

• Posted

The omega-3 fatty acids in fish aids serotonin levels in the brain. It's a anti inflammatory, and it helps bridge the gap as your estrogen levels decrease.

• Posted

Hi Juanita

Sorry you had such a bad start to your day, I think maybe it's just your subconscious waking you with the terrors. I have health anxiety and I know it's so hard. I'm always afraid that I'm dying of something because the feelings are so real. I try to be really active, meditate and it seems to help. I hope you have a better start to tomorrow but stay strong xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.