Here I am again!!!! I have a question.

Posted , 15 users are following.

It seems I've been on here a lot lately. I know a lot of you ladies have spoken about waking up depressed, low mood, dark thoughts, feeling like you're in flight or mode etc. But it seems to get better as the day goes on. One of the ladies did explain that cortisol is higher in the morning and may be the reason for the terrible feelings and it lowers throughout the day so we feel better later in the day.

?BUT, has anyone woke up terrified? I mean literally afraid to get out of bed? That happened to me this morning. I have had many mornings(who am kidding, that's most mornings) where I didn't  feel like getting out of bed, but being scared to get out of bed is a new one. Then I cried on the way to work.  My health anxiety is also bad again. Are any of you afraid you are dying of something and you won't be able to live out your dreams and goals(whatever they are,  everyone has different dreams and goals some of mine are marriage, traveling, long healthy retirement, long life, and health for family).

?I pray, exercise, drink plenty of water, take a good multivitamin, magnesium, fish oil, D3. I take a mild antidepressant(it's a SNRI, not a SSRI because the side effects are so nasty). I have Valium, but don't take it very often because I don't want to get addicted(they're like my security blanket in case of the really bad days and believe it or not I didn't take any today lol). Honestly I wonder how I would cope if I wasn't doing the few things I am doing to feel better. I don't think I've ever talked to God so much or been closer to him.

5 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Perhaps it was a sort of panic attack. I also gave horrible health anxiety and have had to go through awful tests and biopsies. Every time I have a test for something, they find nothing connected to the symptom, but something else. So I get sent for more tests. It is a never ending cycle of test, waiting for results, waiting for Dr to explain results. I was put in slow release tiny daily dose of Xanax. Doesn't help. But what does is meditation through Apps. Even when I feel I just can't calm down enough to meditate, I force myself and it helps. It lowers the fight and flight stress hormones.

• Posted

hi junita,  yes I have morning anxiety bad, sometimes wake up terrified I am in meno been feeling like this for two and half years.     

think answer is to go with it trying not to let it get a hold accepting and focus on whatever till waves pass.  AND meditation or relaxation to help   any other suggestions on here wld be good.   xx

• Posted

I'm better this afternoon. I would definitely start exercising debi62095. Take vitamin D3 and I've heard other women say B12 works wonders. Drink plenty of water and get on this forum whenever you want.  (((((hugs))))

• Posted

Thank you ladies!  I also have found I have the worst time making decisions. I was just upgrading my phone and you would think I was trying to find a solution to global warming. It was so taxing. I just wanted to get off the phone! Ugh! 
  • Posted

Yes the morning doom and gloom thing. Im thinking that maybe you woke up extra upset because you were dreaming things that were upsetting but you dont remember you know how that happens?

During this time pf menopause i am dreaming usually unpleasant negative things as i try to resolve what isnt resolved in waking life. (menopause curse)

You are probably just particularily sad and scared from whatever was going on in your mind in your sleep state.

This is so hard, i understand. Its day to day for me. I also take supplements but have not been able to take an anti depressant or HRT because of how awful they affect me. 

Yes our cortisol levels affect a lot of our waking up early. Everything is changing so much, there isnt anything that cures this, its complicated, its mulitfaceted and in a way a little different for all of us. One thing for sure is that its been for me the most trying, horrifying thing  i have ever been through. God Bless you too

x0x0x00x

• Posted

Well, I got a laugh out of "menopause curse"biggrin? Yes I do remember having an awful dream. I don't remember what it was about though. Just like I had a great dream Monday night and woke up calm and happy Tuesday morning. Why did call our periods "the curse". Menopause is the real curse, at least that's how it feel sometimes. Lol!

• Posted

Hi there Juanita

Ive been keeping track and now i know that im mostly having unpleasant dreams..not necessarily nightmares (although ive also had a few) but just dreams that are unsettling, trying to solve things, things getting in the way etc. and i think my brain is trying to fix things, and it actually depletes my energy more because the sleep isnt so restful and that explains the 'tired' upon wakening.

I may check out your church, i need some support somehow someway. I also feel that meditation can be good if applied and with patience.

x0x0x0

• Posted

Omg I feel the same sometimes.  Fear of death is the worst.  I’ve woken up terrified on the middle of the night several times, where i can’t move.  It feels like I can’t breathe either in sometimes I feel like I’m half asleep
  • Posted

Hi Juanita 94228

All I do is pray and talk to God.  I’m having tingling in my body.  Sometimes soreness.  I’ve been through much bloodwork and 2MRIs.  No definite diagnosis yet.  Went to endocrinologist yesterday and I need to do more bloodwork and a hormone test where I have to spit in test tubes for a day.  Not sure if this is ms and it’s not showing on MRI yet or if it’s hormones but I’m praying it’s nothing serious.  My anxiety is also high from thinking it’s something awful that might kill me

• Posted

I get it Tara. But you know, sometimes I wonder if these doctors know it's perimenopause/menopause and they just keep taking our money and running unnecessary tests.  They know women will go to the doctor(most will anyway). Yes, praying and talking to God and this forum has helped me immensely. You are not alone, almost every women on here is sure that they have some dread disease. But hang on to God's unchanging hand.  ((((hugs))))

• Posted

Thanks for the encouraging words Juanita.  I think most doctors don’t realize how much is affected by parimenopause and menopause so they blow it off. With respect to tests.  I def know that I need my hormones checked to see if I’m even in Parimenopause.  Then I’m done.  Im not going to agree to anymore tests unless my symptoms get worse.  And I wil do the follow up MRI if hormones are not the cause 
  • Posted

Hi Juanita. So sorry you feel like this and my heart goes out to you.. Do you have someone you can speak to... Even a professional or counsellor??

I'd a terrible day today.. Felt very ill due to ibs in all of this but my mind is better now... Have you been feeling this way for long?hope you feel better soon.. CK

• Posted

Thank you Carol?? No it hasn't been long. But I've never been afraid to get out of bed. I was seeing a great therapist. I had my last session June 7th. My job only allows ten sessions. Right now God and you ladies are my therapist😂

• Posted

Morning Juanita

How was your exit from bed this morning? Hoping you had a better start to your day x

• Posted

It's awful when it begins at first... No one could prepare you for the on slought of feelings and physical symptoms... I honesty felt at one point I was dying in January last. I was in a restaurant with my hubby and I felt so bad as if my body was ill all over. lAnd the wanting to cry... l am better little better but still get bad days like yesterday but exercise has been the real help for me... Even when I feel not up for it... When I don't do it.. The difference in me is night and day... Our bodies are changing and transitioning And its far from nice but WE WILL GET THROUGH IT IT. hang in there. CK

• Posted

Thank you for asking!!!biggrin?  It was ok. Not great. I'm just glad to be alive and in reasonably good health. I say that because I just found out a woman I worked with back in late 80's passed away. She was one of those people you looked at and just knew she had it all. She was always impeccably dressed,  hair done, manicured nails, makeup done, great job, and so funny and nice! But she was struggling and we didn't know. She was diagnosed with sarcoidosis in her early 40's, suffered greatly from the side effects of the meds to treat that. At 60 she had a liver transplant, but because of the liver failure she developed diabetes which stayed with her even after the transplant. Then she developed congestive heart failure. She passed away on June 23rd at 72.  I'm not saying this to make any of our issues seem less important (because they aren't not to us). Nor am I trying to depress or scare anyone. But her death just reminded me that no matter what my menopause brain is telling me I need to enjoy every day and remember that God has given me the gift of health(even though meno brain tells you you're dying of everything). 

?Not only that, you ladies have been a gift form God to me also. 

• Posted

Hi Juanita

Glad your day has been better but very sorry about your friend. Sometimes other people can help put things in perspective.... But you're right, sometimes your brain makes you feel like you're dying - we just have to remember that we're not! Always good to take stock, count your blessings, there is always someone worse off. Very glad you didn't get the attack of the bed terrors smile xx

• Posted

It's like my Therapist said "if it goes away it's probably not going to kill you". Lol!  She's 65 so she get's it. Too bad my job only allowed ten free sessions. But she was leaving anyway because of the low pay(shocker, it being a government contract).  But she did leave me her card. I need to see if can afford her. lol Thank you Sassy. (((((HUGS))))))

• Posted

Hi Juanita

Your therapist sounds like a keeper! I'm in the UK and I see a homeopath and she's fabulous, although after seeing me for 20 years she's more likely to say "suck it up buttercup" which can also be helpful smile she also said to me "there's a reason why years ago women would be put into asylums" poor ladies may have been in menopause without any clue..... So thank god we know more now but just shows what an impact the symptoms have, and they are absolutely real. Hope you feel good today, do something nice for yourself, love Sara xx

• Posted

I said the same thin a few weeks ago. No wonder women were sent to asylums and deemed crazy. But you are correct we have more knowledge now and we have each other❤
    • Posted

Hey Juanita, at the start the asylum would have been a breeze compared to being alone with the symptoms but yes thank goodness for the forum, Google, and modern medicine. I think the asylums would have been bursting at the seams by now! smile smile xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.