Here I go again

Posted , 3 users are following.

The last 20 odd years have basically been spent trying to find that thing that is missing,

I moved to Ireland 18 years ago, I dont like anymore

Bought a house, I hate

Moved from job to job none of which I stick at for long, until I find something wrong,

I never finish jobs I start. I am or was a builder

I dont like anyone, I find fault in everyone, including myself 

Im in a relationship I'v wanted out of the last 12 years but stuck with it for the sake of the kids who are now 21 and 14, not to mention I cannot afford to rent and pay the mortgage 

Iv been on citalopram the last 8 years currently weaning off to go on sertraline. to see if it improves anything

My partner and me keep arguing, cause I cannot pull myself together and I want to move back to the UK where my family Mum, Dad, Brothers, live. I have no friends or relatives here, nowhere to go when we just want a bit of space for a few hours.

I know I must be the problem, I done councilling too but seems to sort one issue and another takes its place

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey Nick

I know how you feel been there done that

Try to keep positive (I know its easier said than done).

Give the new meds a chance to work they may make all the difference.

Take it from me you are lucky you still have a family I pushed all mine away

and it too late now to go back

Stay strong my friendrolleyes

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I applaud your efforts. You have sure stuck it out. Please be aware you will go through severe mental changes while switching medications. Warn your partner. So you have fallen out of love. My suggestion is to rediscover your partner. It is the hardest thing to do. Start by doing one nice simple thing each day for her. This blossoms the boring or stagnent relationship. Once you are happy with your partner everything else will fall into place.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I must add Im 45 now I have never settled in Ireland, it very hard to settle in a different country a lot harder than I thought it would be, and Im not great at mixing with others. I had a better life in the UK and hope to return before I get to old, all a bit selfish but I'v given 18 years to this place and it aint got any better
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up