Here to help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys and girls tomorrow I will be stopping smoking so ill be around on this site to keep my mind of it lol ill sort some things out on how to cope with anxiety and why it happens hope you are all okay and this won't last for ever you will still get anxious but not as bad the symptoms will go and u will still have fear but you will be able to control the out come like you use to do when you didn't have anxiety any suggestions just comment ill get back to you as soon as I can 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Good luck with giving up smoking tomorrow. Well done you! Are you going cold turkey or are you using any aids?

Best wishes to you x

• Posted

Thank you and yeah I'm using patches and the mouth sprays but I nearly died lol with the spray you will laugh at this Dr told me to spray it at the side of my mouth in side cheek and the pharmacist told me to spray it at the back of my mouth so I did had to test it today and I almost died she said you will gasp for air well I did it was well bad it burnt my throat it was on fire it's worse that chillies my eyes were watering and lot woman next to me asking me if I was okay couldn't answer  her I was to busy choking and crying lmao was funny everyone was  laughting lol
    • Posted

omg sounds horrific and worse for you than smoking! only joking - go for it and well done!
  • Posted

Good luck with the smoking, iv not had one for 4 weeks since I became ill! 

Anyone got any advise on not sleeping I'm getting 2-3 hours a night and am more anxious 

Thanks x

• Posted

I suggest you make a sleeping patten go to sleep at the same time and wake up at the same time that's what I did and it helped me and thank you 
  • Posted

Hiya Paul, good luck with the stopping smoking pal smile xx
    • Posted

Good luck.. I'm on the 21mg patch and I can't seem to wear it at night?? I think its too much nicotine. But I crave cigarettes in the morning.. Ugh
  • Posted

Nice one Paul, I gave up about 10 or so years ago.

i found that the craving for a cig after the first couple of weeks didn't last as long at it would have taken me to smoke a cig so felt no point in having one.

GP also prescribed me patches which worked for me.

ive never been tempted since.

good on ya and don't give up givin up! N 

• Posted

Thank you and I also have patches I did stop smoking a few years ago to train for army and to run half marathon lol this time I'm getting fit to go back in army I was to young when I last joined 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.