Here we go again.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Well, I started back on prednisone and zpak for labyrinthitis. Of course what do you know, I'm freaking out. Sweating a lot, constantly having to urinate, anxiety to a very, very, uncomfortable state. I can't even close my eyes. It's not even 8 pm yet and I feel like its going to be a long night. I know I need to keep taking my meds but I really don't want to, I just want to give up. Ugh. I really, really, REALLY hate feeling this way. I hope everyone on here is at least is having somewhat of a good day/night.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I remember taking that and having major anxiety because it mad me feel more strange than i already felt in the first place. I called the pharmacist because i thought that i was having a terrible reaction to it and the pharmacist told me that it was normal to feel a little strange on it because it is one of the antibiotics that can cross the blood brain barrier. I don't know whether or not you knew that but just wanted to let you know because it made me feel better to know why.
    • Posted

That's crazy, I had no idea. That's not a bad thing then? I took it a week ago without steroids and it was sucky, not it's worse because the steroid makes me feel like crap too.
    • Posted

No not a bad thing it makes it be able to be very effective. Not many antibiotics have the ability to cross the blood brain barrier. You are so right about steroids too, ugh. I hope you feel better soon, and always remember you can call your doctor or pharmacist to double check that what you are feeling is at least some what normal lol.
  • Posted

Too many symptoms. You should contact your doctor immediately with your situation. I hope it gets much better.
    • Posted

I feel like this all the time, it's just making me more anxious and the steroid will do that unfortunately.
    • Posted

Believe me, there's something that will make it better but you have to be determined to fight for your cause. Even if you have to fight 10 times, number 10 might be your magic number or 11. Just hang in there.
    • Posted

I've been hanging in there. I'm just really anxious about everything. It really does suck.
    • Posted

That's why we're here to cheer each other through the good and rough patches. It's just a snag hangnail. It will get a lot better. Don't give up!😉
  • Posted

I think your post says it all.

you know your condition and the meds at the minute are hurting,

stick them out kidda cos all meds (as I am aware you know) react differently person to person.    It's good to express your feelings in posts with similar minds,   But you are a self helper and know where the problem is.   Balance is key kidda, but I have a underlying feeling you know that.    Well done for being open and please take some confidence in the fact that being to express your feelings puts you miles ahead of the rat race wink  meds need to change but ride them out for a bit first wink 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.