Here we go again...

Posted , 6 users are following.

Another episode. It's been coming on for weeks. You KNOW the symptoms... Angry, tearful, paranoid, angry, spaced out, coping, tearful, angry, paranoid, resentful..... 

Unsure if i'm right, wrong or not even worth the effort right now. Has anyone found a good way to explain this to their partner yet??

Don't want to bother friends or family - everyone has thier own stuff going on, and there's always the "people are worse off than me" thought going round.

I AM grateful for what I have, but I can't shake the feeling that just isn't my life.... Had it for decades,,, just dealing with it - STILL x

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

dont think any1 understands any way unless they have gone through similar exsperiences,you just have to keep on fighting through and hope tomorrow is a better day,if that dosent work then talking 2 some1 that understands might help and if that dosent work go to docs to review your meds,STAY STRONG AND KEEP FIGHTING THE FIGHT
    • Posted

Thanks Gary, it's so isolating,,,,  A visit to the doc is definitely on the cards.

Take care angel, you guys mean the world to me x

• Posted

Sporadically deep breaths help more than you think. Try it out.
  • Posted

We are all classed as weak willed and self centred when we suffer from Depression 

So we have to try and fight this condition on our own. I know in my case people cannot wear my shoes, cannot understand these raw feelings we suffer from and the disruption.  Depression can cause our day to day lives.

To try and control Depression we need a great deal of strength and understand our needs. This condition is a real caracter builder as we try and ressurect into a new life.with its possible positive life choices.

Generally it is up to the sufferer to reach a new positive  dimension  where we can reset our lives. Sometimes this can take a great deal of time and loss to make it so.

We all have these problems to reach this positive outcome, many of course remain very ill  as many can feel they do not deserve a positive change, even when we do understand our life is like an old pair of socks, that needs darning. The repair forms a weakness, so we should have bought a new pair and started afresh. Sometimes our old life choices needs that repair, With expectations We need to be strong and brave as we go for a positive, new opening so we can  continue onwards and upwards to those clear skies.

• Posted

Hi Border, Thanks for replying, it's so comforting to have you guys in my life.

I'm so sad it's back. I had it under control for 8 years! Clear skies, the right medication, CBT on my side if any negative thoughts started up...

Will have to go back to the doctor.

Take care and thanks again for the support x

• Posted

I know how you feel that  nothing seems to help. I have been going to MIND for talking therapy and it does help. Because of not wanting to burden your family it is very isolating so talking to a person who understands really does help. I am not saying that is a cure but it does really help you feel better. I am now starting a course called CAT Cognitive Analytical Therapy. It focuses more on relationships.  I know one of the reasons I get depressed was to do with my childhood, and things that happen stay with you and come to the surface when least expected. I am going to try it and see how it goes. I think that depression feels worst than any physical illness there is, but is hard for others to understand. If you haven't been to "MIND" at least give it a go.  My very best to you, hope you feel a bit better soon.

• Posted

Thank you angel, I've just searched for my local MIND, will call them tomorrow.

You tend to think that there aren't any particular triggers, but you mentioning childhood has definitely resonated.... Thanks again xx

• Posted

Glad you decided to contact MIND.  When you speak to them be as honest as you can, don't feel embarrassed about anything. They offer group therapy, which I did not feel would help me, as well as one to one. As I said, I have been seeing a counsellor for quite a while and it does really help. Let us know how you get on (hope you don't have to wait too long for an appointment) You can also get referred by your doctor.  I wish you all the best. XX

• Posted

hELLO KATE, I AM GOING THROUGH THE CRAP ALSO, I AM ON MIRTAZIPINE 15MG, AND IT MAKES ME SO WEAK, AND FEELING SICK, ALSO FEEL AS IF I MAY GO INTO A PANIC ATTACK, ALSO DRY MOUTH, A LOT OF WEIGHT GAIN, TO BE HONEST I DONT FEEL MUCH BETTER THAN BEFORE I TOOK THE MED,I AM HANGING IN THERE WITH IT ALL, BUT I COULD CRY MY EYES OUT AS THIS EVIL ILLNESS IS HEARTBREAKING.I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON, LOVE ANGELA,XX
    • Posted

Hey Angela, sorry you're suffering too. We could really do without all the physical stuff on top of everything, hey. My breathing was terrible yesterday... couldn't stop the tears. How long have you been on Mirtazipine for?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.