Here we go again.. Didnt need to sleep tonight anyways.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I should've known I thought this day was going too smoothly.. Laying here and all of a sudden I'm getting the sharp chest pains right in the middle or a little to my left. It feels like I have trapped gas far down in my stomach, I can feel the bubbles moving around but it's all moving downward.. Can gas pains that aren't burps cause chest pains? My mind is telling me yes, but my anxiety is suddenly telling me that this is a definite heart attack and that I'm dying within 2 minutes.. (in 26 and I had an ekg and Bloodwork done two weeks ago)

0 likes, 13 replies

Report / Delete

13 Replies

• Posted

Instead of dealing with that gas how about just taking some gas x pills and relieving it so you dont have to deal,with. Sometimes we forget there can be a simple fix for some of these symptoms.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

It's just anxiety your not having a heart attack. I'm 27 I have health anxiety and I'm a hypochondriac. I had chest pains also and I was sure I was having a heart attack and would die. It was just heartburn that went away after I took a Zantac. I've been to the ER had a ekg done on me also and blood work that all came back fine. You will be ok just take deep breaths. Also yes you can have gas pains without passing gas. I had really bad gas pains that would go up into my ribs and hurt very badly but it was just gas.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Absolutely. When that happens to me, I drink something carbonated...three or four gulps at a time. The very best carbonated drink for this is club soda, but in a pinch any will do. Gas can really hurt when it gets up there under the ribs.
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

If you don't have a carbonated drink, put one half teaspoon baking soda (not baking powder) in two ounces of water and drink it down.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I tried gas x earlier but it didn't do much.. Now I'm getting these pains in my back and side underneath my left armpit when I breathe in.. I think what's sending me into a panic is that i usually do not ever get these pains together. Im just so disappointed in myself that one small pain that I felt gas pains immediately after so that should've calmed me down got me so worked up.. Frustrating.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Either trapped gas or your gallbladder is just irrated from something you ate.  Did you have a big meal,or anything greasy today? It will go away on its own have had that when i eat heavy meal. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

My friend if you are having such persistance pain, you should head over to emergency no need to panic. It defenitly doesnt sound like anything serious but there is slight chance that you might need a professional and again you dont have to panic just reason yourself not to.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I did but I still have the pains on and off. I'm at the ER now because I went to the Dr and they were scared of blood clots since I just had a procedure last week.. Just had a complete me meltdown because the oxygen level said 89.. Turns out it wasn't on my finger the whole way.. So they said no clots, ekg and blood is normal so sending me home.

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up