Herpes?

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been experiencing genital 'blisters' for about 4 months now.

I experience extremely itchy skin and develop red open sores after a few days of itching (i do scratch a lot, i cant help it as its extremely itchy).

I have not seen a bubble of fluid on these blisters, its like they're not there then suddenly there is open raw skin.

They are not clusters of small fluid blisters but are about 5mm wide each.

they do not appear on my labia but on my outer area along my bikini line but mainly around my anus.

I have no tingling, aching, flu symptoms or swollen lymphnodes. The blisters do not have a yellow crust - some scab a little but mainly they just heal.

The symptoms last around a week but can be up to 2 weeks. Pretty much as soon as they are healed and completely gone without a trace, the symptoms start again a few days later.

-so pretty much I have constant symptoms

Things to note - I constantly menstruate and have done for years - doctors can't seem to find a solution so I am wearing a panty liner/pad everyday which I cant imagine is good for my skin. And I am eczema prone.

Currently awaiting results of swabs of a blister. The doctor said it may he Herpes but not presenting typically but also it may not be.

I expect this is Herpes - however, does anyone have advise of anything else this could be?

If my results are negative i would like to have a direction to proceed and research.

Sorry for the long post!!

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.