Herpes 1?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, A couple of weeks ago i was in huge - and i mean HUGE amount of pain after having sex. Friction blisters did come up in my vagina - which got infected and explains why I was in that much pain. I've recently been diagnosed with Herpes type 1 as my sexual health clinic took 2 swabs

1. to test what the blisters was infected with and 2. to test if I have herpes. Turns out I have herpes 1.

My boyfriend however tested negative - I haven’t had any other sexual partners as my boyfriend was my first for everything.

Herpes 1 is mainly mouth area but I know it can be in the genitals as well. Just confused as I did give oral - if it is herpes I - shouldn’t I have it around my mouth?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Those " friction blisters" weren't friction blisters at all. That was a herpes outbreak if your swabs from there came back positive for herpes when they were taken! HSV1 genitally is on the rise now due to oral sex and people having little or no symptoms genitally! If you tested positive on a swab genitally then its genital!

So youve either contracted it from someone who gets coldsores and has given your oral through viral shedding or a sore just starting/or finishing (if you didnt see a active cold sore orally). Or someone who has hsv1 genitally has passed it!

Did your boyfriend have blood tests for herpes or ever get a cold sore in his life? Even if he hasnt

Is he your only sexual partner? You could have got it long ago and it just flared up now!

• Posted

• hasnt had a coldsore in a few years he can still pass it*
    • Posted

Yeah he is my only sexual partner - I lost my virginity that day when all this started.

He had a blood test as he wasn't showing any symptoms and rarely has coldsores to the point he cant remember the last time he had a cold sore

does every coldsore ever mean herpes? As i remember getting a coldsore in my early teens - practically a nun as I wasnt in a relationship until i was 20 - never kissed a boy until i was 20 so does that mean ive had herpes since I was like 12/13? My boyfriend said the same as well when he last had a cold sore.

Thing is - my symptoms showed up quicker than average for herpes as well as me actually seeing a small cut around the vulva after i had sex for the first time - without lube.

I've accepted it - but i have seen that there is a high amount of false positives for herpes 1.

Also my vagina is super sensitive - just a pad slightly rubbing during my period can set off a reaction.

I dont know

• Posted

So if he has had cold sores in the past he still carries the herpes virus! Even if you are asymptomatic the virus still sheds from time to time allowing the virus to be passed on to another person!

Did his blood tests come back with anything?

My first outbreak came up very quick to! literally withing 24-48hrs i knew there was something wrong!

If i was you i would take precaution with sex now! Make sure if you are having it you have proper lubrication as friction can bring it on! Wait a few months and see if there is any more outbreaks or maybe get the blood test done after some time! 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.