Herpes and pregnant help me

Posted , 4 users are following.

Okay so I am trying to get pregnant at the moment and found out like a month and a bit ago I had herpes (still don't know what bloody type) I'm just a bit worried really and want some advice from any women who have been pregnant with this!!

During labour my family will be in the room it's always been the plan but I do not want the midwives and doctors to bring up that I have herpes what so ever

Because my family doesn't know and I hate speaking about it infront of my boyfriend I don't know why because it doesn't get me sad anymore I'm over it

But is it possible that I could have a word with my midwife before and say 'hey can you just like not bring it up and let everyone else know'

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sounds very reasonable. I was put on antivirals way before delivery and it did not come up at all during labor.
  • Posted

It wasn't mentioned when i had my son either...and i didn't have anti virals...but this was 23 years ago

• Posted

U would really hope the midwife wouldn't disclose anything like that to ur family without ur permission as its against the law (here in the us anyways) but u can surely tell them not to mention it at all.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.