Herpes? Focculitis? Something else?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Background info:

-Have a boyfriend of 2 months, we sometimes engage in unprotected sex

-Rash of some sort recently appeared on my pubic area (5 days ago)

-Seems about the same, isn't itchy or anything

-Rash only is in the upper pubic hair area. The rash appears as red and barely raised bumps in pubic hair area.

-Naired (hair removal cream) my genital hair maybe a week+ ago...I know you're technically not supposed to but I've been using this method of hair removal for over a year and have never had a rash like this 

-Sex with my boyfriend is rough a lot so it could be friction? Or maybe focculitis (inflamed hair follicles)? Or herpes? Idk what to think. Help below. I'm not sure how to attach a photo.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It would more than likely be the hair removal cream combined with sexual contact within the area that has probably created a rash. The area is very sensitive.

If you are concerned, and as you have been engaging in unprotected sex, please go and have an STD panel performed. It's best to know that both of you are STD free so you can continue without any worry.

• Posted

Maybe it's my age (68), but I don't understand why so many sexually active people remove the hair from their pubic area. Evolution provided it as an anti-friction cushion. Natural is best!

To upload photos:

First transfer the photos to a computer. In the computer browser, log in to Patient.info and hit reply in this thread. Click on the 4th icon on the right above the reply box and you can upload photos from there. The scenery icon is the one you need but the icons don't appear on phones or tablets.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.