Herpes Igg 13 weeks?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had unprotected sex with a friend in January and then protected sex with my now boyfriend in February. I got tested for everything in April including herpes and they both came back negative (Hsv 1 and 2) my values were <.20 I got tested at approximately 13 weeks after unprotected sex. Would this test be conclusive that I don't have herpes? Idk I'm just really nervous, I haven't had any blisters or anything but every time I get an ingrown hair or something I freak out and also if I've been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend now would he have known if he had it by now? We started having unprotected sex about 2 months ago and also (my boyfriend got tested in May and he said he didn't have anything) I'm more nervous ab the first exposure than my boyfriend 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

13 weeks is good, but only if using the IgG test, not IgM.
    • Posted

It was an IgG the values for both 1 and 2 were <.20 do you think I can put my mind at rest? Thank you for your response 

• Posted

Yes, you can stop worrying if IgG negative at 13 weeks. You don't have it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.