Skip to content
in this discussion +1 following
bluejay1234 bluejay1234

Herpes or Chlamydia?

I have the following symptoms and I did go to the doctor: white milky vaginal discharge, painful urination, urine retention (I have to push to fully empty my bladder), itchy vagina internally but not externally on the genitalia, and 3 sores. when I went to the doctor I had 2 sores on either side of my vaginal opening, they had turned into ulcers and have been open for about 4 days now. She examined me, agreed it was probably chlamydia and not herpes but took a herpes culture anyway to be sure. She thought the sores were from irritation or rubbing. I won't get those results for another 6 days about Herpes culture sad about a day after I came back from the doc a third bump appeared close to my pubice, it has not turned into an ulcer yet but this is about 4-5 days after the initial 2 bumps appeared. I was negative for BV also. I will know tomorrow if it's chlamydia or Gonorreah which I'm taking antibiotics for, but I have been researching for days and can't find any evidence those cause sores. They don't look like herpes to me though, they start out as large pimples, they feel deep not like tiny skin blisters but actual pimples like if you got a big one on your face that's sore. They are not in clusters either or appear pus filled. Im not sure if I can attach pictures of the ulcer which hasn't healed yet and the new bump that appeared recently.... Anyone have herpes that looks like this? Anyone have any suggestions on what else it could be or if chlamydia or Gonorrea caused sores for them? I'm honestly freaking out don't know how I'll be able to wait six days for results I can barely sleep thinking about this. These symptoms appeared 3 days after having unprotected sex with my partner who recently went overseas and confirmed to me he had unprotected sex there.

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.