Herpes or Skin Rash?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Last time my partner and I were tested was 6 months ago. Both negative. Including herpes. Yesterday around 6 pm I had a painful bowel movement. I wiped and walked away. A few mins later I had to go back because I felt uncomfortable. As if I didn’t wipe myself well. I wiped and then took a look and noticed the skin surrounding the anus was very red. I attached a link. After seeing my skin I applied some topical ointment and went to bed. I woke up around 2 am. To check out the area. Most looked like it scabbed.

I’m not familiar with herpes. So I’m not sure if this looks like an outbreak or just a rash. Since most of its scab or almost entirely gone (just have itching left), If I were to go an urgent care and get tested. Will it show positive? What testing should I be getting done? does herpes goes away or starts to fade overnight?

Can anyone just help me stay calm?

Moderator comment:I have deleted the link to the images as the link went to "Page not found". Users can upload images directly to this site by using the image icon at the top of reply boxes.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

if its completely gone u should test in 3 months time for an accurate result as a swab now would be pointless if they have healed up usually with herpes it will reoccur in the same area i would not worry about it being herpes theres most likely some other cause for it due to it being so quick to heal but u should get a test at some point to be on the safe side if they happen to reoccur get swabbed as soon as u can before they have gone

• Posted

thank you! its completely gone now. this happened wed. night and its gone now. just feel like the area is dry and hurts to stretch the area. I'm assuming its also due to me constantly checking the area. heres a picture for reference. https://imgur.com/a/AoYMOmc

timeline: wed night. applied ointment-> 7 hours later noticed scabbing. 4-5 completely gone still a little red. I dont think it was herpes, and im not sure if they have the same appearence.

• Posted

it dosnt look like herpes in your photo u may have just irritated the skin somehow

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.