Herpes or something else?

Posted , 5 users are following.

About 5 days ago I went to get a rash and these weird bumps on my penis checked by a doctor. I've had these bumps on my penis for months actually, but felt no pain or anything so i never thought anything about them. It wasn't until i got this rash and itchy did I get worried. The doctor said she thinks i have herpes, took my blood and put me on medications for herpes along with a shot in my butt for other stds. If I have herpes I can live with it, but I'm not sure if i do or not. I am waiting on my blood test to come back, and tried getting in with my normal doctor who's opinion i trust a lot more, but he's booked till next week. The main reason I'm questioning if I have it is, for one, I have had the bumps for a while. Based off my research on herpes, it seems I've been sitting in the early stage for months now which I can't find being something that happens. At least regularly. Also, the bumps are hard kind of like milia under the eyes, which I have. Normally they are more watery and gushy I guess. The last reason is because itching is one of the fist symptoms before an outbreak. I did not start itching until long after I had the bumps. If y'all could tell me what you think that would be great.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

whats up man. I kinda went through something a few months ago like this. an irritation popped up around my urethra no itching or burning. but i was completely freaked out by it. my doctor however didn't assume anything at first. She simply told me "i don't see any discharge from the irritation, go get tested an we will look at the results from there" if you are saying this isn't the first time than think you may be fine man. theirs a million different things that can latch on to out penises haha hope all goes well with your situation please give us an update.

• Posted

Hey Hunt, I appreciate you did some of your own research first about what your issue could be. First I want to address why your doctor may have given you a herpes test.

Personally I have never had a patient who sat in the beginning stages of herpes for months. As far as I am aware youre either asymptomatic -- meaning no symptoms until you just get them one day and if you do, or when you do, its the same process of two weeks with herpes. Maybe your doctor just wanted to check you regardless, due to some sexual history you mentioned to them? For example if I had a patient come in about a sore throat issue and in the process, he told me about his sex addiction, I would say hey when was the last time you got checked for stds? You wanna do that? it wont take any extra time. just to get the guy checked out even though its unlikely his sore throat was std related.

Unless your doctor knows something that I dont (which I think is unlikely) this isnt a herpes issue. Honestly it doesnt even look like an std related issue, let alone since you've had these for months your std options are limited to things like MC and and warts which neither of these look like and youre aware of why already.... @Psyntax_Error is really knowledgeable on std related matters. I tagged him/her on this to see what they think?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.