Herpes or Yeast Infection ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone. To start things off, I am already aware I have hsv-1 on the mouth. Now I'm concerned it's been transmitted to my genitals (I'm female, if this makes a difference.) I have no bumps, but two strange cuts on my inner labia. They used to be incredibly red and they stung a lot, but after a couple of days (I've done nothing to them) they already look and feel much better. I have one boyfriend, he is my first and only sexual partner, the same is true for him. He is clean of any STIs. Ive experienced some itching near my genitals and on my butt, but not really on the cuts or directly on my genitals. My discharge seems mostly normal but smells a bit strange, it's stronger than usual. Again, I have no bumps, and the most discomfort I feel seems to directly correlate to how comfortable my clothing is. I did notice these cuts in the shower amd wondered if it was from shaving, but they seem too large. The cuts seem almost lumpy, to me they look like scars but I know they aren't. Any advice is appreciated!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have the same fear of transferring things down there, I been hoping I don’t have herpes anywhere but small olsores or soft bumps do appearing on my lips which do spit up or erupt and leave openings which resemble cuts.  Question, how do you know you have hsv1 ?
    • Posted

I have cold sores on my mouth which weren't sexually transmitted, so I assume that they must be hsv-1.

• Posted

So, update. I'm not totally ruling out herpes, but my symptoms have decreased even more. And I feel quite dry in my genitals, particularly where the "cuts" (which are a lot less visible) are. I'm thinking this could still either be an infection, or I'm just experiencing a lot of dryness or both.

• Posted

I would go and see your GP just to be on the safe side.  There could be some simple explanation for it and easily treatable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.