Herpes??? *picture*

Posted , 3 users are following.

I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago for BV - she took a culture and it was.  I took the prescribed medicine about a week later (waited for the pharmacy to get it).  After I took it I formed a yeast infection, they called me in Diflucan as they said this can happen.  During the week between the BV and the Diflucan, I began having swelling on the right side on my inner vagina, and then it burned after I peed and then hurt when I wiped.  After 1 day of the difulcan I thought I could smell the fishy odor again so made an appointment and went in that day to see the doctor.  The swelling was gone, I was having some slight discharge, and then she looked at the labia majora and ther was a 2mm lesions.  She painfully took a culture of it for testing of HSV1 & 2, and also did a blood test.  This was yesterday, and today I have no symptoms.  The discharge is gone, there is no abnormal odor, no swelling, and it doesn't burn when I urinate.  It does still hurt to wipe, and I can see the spot where she took a culture.  I have one more day until my test results but I haven't been able to function not knowing the outcome of my situtaion.  Does this look like herpes??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Probably not, but I think you'll need to post a better picture.  It's difficult to say if something looks like herpes anyway, but the pic isn't really in focus.

If you only have a day to wait though, then I'd wait, as if your doctor wasn't sure, then people here couldn't be either.  Either it is or it isn't, and while it's understandable that you're worried, I'm not sure it helps if people here worry you unnecessarily or give you false reassurance.

You could also try this forum if the result isn't what you want:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/browse/genital-herpes-simplex-979

Good luck for tomorrow!

• Posted

I know it's difficult to say.  I've looked all over the internet to see if I can find something similar, and the closest thing seems to be HSV1 - or sores that are in mouths (I know it can go to the genital area as well).  

Waiting is the hardest part.  I am trying to prepare myself, but it's been hard to focus on anything until I hear back.  

Here is another picture.  I know it's still probably won't make a difference - but in case it does .... 

• Posted

Turns out my blood tests were negative for herpes, but the culture came back positive for HSV2. sad very rough time right now, but even one, small sore can be all you have your first outbreak. Haven't read anything about this anywhere, nor seen any pictures like mine, but it can happen. I have herpes. I wish more people would post these types of pictures/symptoms. It can be so simple and you can be so completely unaware. No wonder so many people are carriers and don't know. When in doubt get tested!!!

• Posted

Thanks for the update, but sorry to hear that (and a little surprised).  There are much worse things you can have though, and it's quite common - the NHS says that over 32,000 people were diagnosed in 2013.  There are lots of people over at the herpes forum too.  Glad you got tested, but don't worry about it too much.  It's an embarrassing inconvenience, but rarely more than that.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.