Hey

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi I'm new I have anxiety but this post isn't really about my anxiety it's about an online relationship I met a cool and beautiful girl from Spain on a game we talked alday everyday and swapped pics of each other and we started planning to be together and her moving here to England after a about 5 months she told me she isn't the girl  she showed in pic and we broke up but we have still talked everyday and we are just friends now but the problem is I can't get the girl in pics out of my head and idk what too do and is affecting my anxiety 

0 likes, 8 replies

Report / Delete

8 Replies

• Posted

My guess is you're quite young.

Your mind is such a complicated and intricate thing. It appeased your natural urges and created as much of a true reality from this false one as it could. Relax for now and just know that the science of what your body has done over these months, will take roughly the same amount of time to undo.

If you want to, look into neuroplasticity on the web. And ask me anything you want to here

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi mazark, and welcome. If this girl needed to decieve you in the first place to get your attention, what else is she hiding.  Go out and meet "real" people, you deserve better. Find someone who is honest - they are out there. Be strong, your dreaming about a picture that could have come from anywhere. I have quite bad anxiety but am on medication for it. I think you need to be honest with yourself otherwise it will effect your condition in the long run. Be strong. Theres nothing wrong with being just friends with the other girl but getyourself out there, meet people. How old are you? (if you dont mind me asking). x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

21 and the girl went to school with the other girl they are kind of friends
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Ok, but realisticly your having a "relationship" (ish) with one and dreaming about the other.  Its a lot for your brain to comprehend. It maybe confusing you slightly.  Try and put things in perspective. I know its hard but you can get there. X
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yea it's hard and I need to try stop thinking about someone I don't even know but meeting new girls makes me want her even more and idk wha it is with Spanish girls but they make other girls seem boring 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I think you need to set your net a bit wider. Even if you dont find the girl of your dreams straight away, the friends that you could meet will/could enhance your life. x
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Simple find another girl instead its one of the best options as that is quite an unhealthy obsession, thats my advice getting hung up on a person you cant have is quite a problem its best to try and move on.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Anxiety has obsessive compulsive components.  Find ways to distract yourself.  Write in a journal, which allows you to talk about your feelings and challenge any negative thinking.  I am thinking you are possibly beating yourself up for the relationship not working out?  I know it is nice connect with people on social networks, but it has it's drawbacks in society today.  Too many people rely on relationships, friendships via world wide web, etc.  Get out and socialize with family and friends more.  You may feel better for doing so.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up