Hey

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey everyone..Today make 9weeks since my surgery.2 in a half weeks i been walkin w/o crutches.. I am getting better day by day when i first started walkin it really hurt but now its okay ...I still have a limp and im doing great i have a little swollen after a long day. I start back workin today im excited How IS EVERYONE DOING?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

So glad to hear this. Congratulations! It's such a long road, isn't it? My surgery was 8/15, 6 weeks and 2 days ago. Started PT this week. I don't expect to be walking for another 6 weeks but we will see! Every day does seem a little bit better now. Take care!

• Posted

Thanks everyone seems to be doing great..yes it is long road ahead you just gotta take it one day at a time.you will be walkin before six more weeks trust me the hardest part is almost over good luck
  • Posted

Hey! Wow you have done well walking! What fracture did you have?

I am almost 6 weeks since surgery and get this cast off Monday and then into a boot!

So pleased for you! X

• Posted

I broke my fibia and tibia i had plates and screws put in..I was never in a cast i was in a walkin boot for 5 weeks NWB...thats great that you are getting a boot Good luck
  • Posted

Wow- are you in a boot or just w/ crutches and feet?  I am impressed.  Sounds like you are doing great.

• Posted

Had a bad night last night. Weird shooting pains at inner ankle. Trimalleoar injurt 8/14. Antibiotics until surgery 8/25. Still NWB and in cast. Next Tuesday having xrays and hoping to get boot. Feeling a little frustrated today. Glad to see you are doing better..🙋

• Posted

Hey Lisa at the beginning its always stressful trust me things will work out..from time to time you are Goin to feel pain just take your meds and elevate your foot.you will be gettin a boot on your next visit ..take it easy try to keep your mind off of your ankle...Good luck and keep me updated
    • Posted

Lisa your dates are similar to mine I had tri fracture 19th and surgery 20th I have been in a cast 6 weeks today! I get my boot on Monday! (I had a newborn baby 4 days after surgery and have been NWB)

Know how frustrating it can be but chin up your so close now! Xxxx

• Posted

Keep me posted in your progress! I am so hoping to get a good result on Tuesday so I can get the boot. NWB is making me stir crazy.
    • Posted

Got the boot two days ago. Xrays looked good and healing well. Resident doctor told me what those electrical spasms are called, but can't remember the word cause he is cute, LOL. Doing 50% weight bearing with crutches this week, but ordered walker with flip up seat since hate crutches. Feels like walking on the moon with the boot. Doing the journey!

• Posted

Hi, Mandy. How is it going with the boot? I got mine 2 days ago and doing 50% weighbearing this week. Feels weird like walking on the moon, but not painful. Tires me out quick. Haven't had the nerve to try the shower seat yet. Let me know how you are doing!

• Posted

Hey Lisa! Got boot on Monday and I'm walking around well in the boot. I managed to put pressure on foot to get up a step today.

Each day I feel has been better I can move it a bit more each day. My doctor said pain is my limit so I guess I just have to try!

I still feel like wearing normal shoes and walking with one and no crutches is a way off but then 6 weeks ago I thought this day was a way off! X

• Posted

Hi, Mandy. Glad you are doing well. Not feeling pain, but awkwardly walking. Great that you did a stair. I have some fear of that since that is how I broke my ankle. Supposed to do 100% starting next Wed. Going to try shower tomorrow. Doing ROM, I am walking, but doesn't look pretty,

• Posted

Hi Shantell, That is great news! I know you were close to me in timeframes. I started back to work last week and I am into my second week. No problems with work but the days are long trying to fit the pt and pt exercises in. I am 10 weeks post surgery now. I am walking better but still have a stiffness in my leg due to my gait not 100% correct yet. I work so jard every day and realize how hard I jave to push things to fain better rom.I started doing harder exercises at pt and home, single leg lunges, more squats, jumping forward and back and side to side, standing on my bad ankle only and pushing up on toes, jogging short distances.So overall doing well. When I sit for an hour or longer I walk stiff until I loosen up. I don't ever know when that will change. My rom is getting better but I still have a way to go. The hardest is flexing my toe up. It has been the hardest to recover from. It will be nice when one day I won't have to focus on my ankle. Oh and I signed up for a half marathon which is 6 months from now. Hopefully in a few weeks I can start working towards it. So that is it in a nutshell.

• Posted

I'm 6 weeks post surgery for a tri mal. It's inspiring to read these stories. Thanks! Good luck to you.

• Posted

It hasn't been easy, it has been a jard fight all the way but slowly getting g better. Hang in there.

• Posted

I am so happy to hear from You dawn..I'm happy that things are goin great..My first day back at work was long and when i got off work i had to put my feet up i also do my excercises all day.I'm doing leg lunges stay ony bad leg pushin my toes to the air ..Im so scared to run..I will start back goin to the gym next month..My leg get stiff also..I'm so excited to get back to doing what i use to do..Get me informed

• Posted

Hang in there guys and try not too think negative, can be hard not to. I tried to keep positive and busy, (as busy as a fellow limper can get!) which really helped me (broken fib. Dislocated ankle (orif)and torn acl)the most during my initial healing/recovery. Take good care and all the best to your recoveries!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.