Hey

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey everyone..Today make 9weeks since my surgery.2 in a half weeks i been walkin w/o crutches.. I am getting better day by day when i first started walkin it really hurt but now its okay ...I still have a limp and im doing great i have a little swollen after a long day. I start back workin today im excited How IS EVERYONE DOING?

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks, shantell03710. Only people who have went through this understand. A friend of mine that used to work as a nurse said you probably just slept wrong!
    • Posted

Nobody never understand things will get better u Just gotta relax and do everything u told wish u the best
    • Posted

So true! Hey I go for my final x ray check up today, week 11. Things are even going better then last week. I no longer walk with any limp. And just a week or so I was so worried. Basically the PT just focused on some harder foot strenghtenin exercises. So Also did anybody hear about that if you go to the dentist for anything that we should be on antibiotics? I am asking about that today however I heard that from 2 dental assistants.
  • Posted

So the Dr. said that I do not need antibiotics for teeth cleaning. It is only if someone had ankle replacement surgery. He was fine with me starting to run and predicted I would be fine for the 1/2 marathon in a little over 5 months. So I went right to a park and did 30 minutes of 30 second walk/jog intervals. I felt great. It was a little tight, but not much and loosened up. For the walking parts I did not even feel it. Thank goodness I stuck to that because I feel it a little bit now that I'm done it. But it doesn't feel like much and hopefully it won't blow up. I won't change the intervals until I do it a few times first. I know myself and I will work hard to not overdo it. Or else I will pay the price. I have one PT left only because I scheduled it. But I will be done with that. I will keep doing the exercises and ask them for harder ones I can move up too for the future. Overall it was one of those great days which have been happening more.

• Posted

Sound great i am doing my excercise at home everyday and walkin alot but since i been back to work i been having alot of pain I soak my feet everyday..KEEP ME UPDATED HOPEFULLY I WILL BE RUNNING SOON

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.