Hey

Posted , 4 users are following.

How's everyone getting on? Tomorrow is a week since I have been in a boot. Been PwB this week but tomorrow I'm

Going to try full weight baring!

I sooooo need to be back at work soon!

X

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I have gone from FWB with boot to tennis shoes (trainers as they as in the U.K.?).  It was scary and liberating.  Per doctors orders, I still wear my boot outside.  However, every improvement is liberating and a real joy to rediscover getting around a little more unaided.

Best wishes,

Mary

• Posted

Hi,

It was 5 weeks but I did not have any pins or plates inserted during my surgery.  I wore black boot most of the time and used a knee walker for long hallways at work.

Getting back to work was a huge step and made a difference in the way I felt.  I was out in the world and with friends again.  However, I am easing back into a full-time work schedule.  I found six weeks of just resting (with my foot in the air) had naturally brought down my stamina - even though I did upper body exercises while resting.   

I drive again (I hope!) in about three weeks...(fingers crossed).

Best,

Mary

• Posted

Hi Mandy,

I should add the FWB was scary at first and I gingerly did it with walker until I felt comfortable.  Stairs were last but I got there - a step at a time. (No pun intended).  Still feel sore but I can feel improvement day to day and now walk almost normal.

- Cheers!

• Posted

Hey Mary, glad your feeling more normal!

I had screws and plates op was 7 weeks ago.

Been in the boot this week but not managed to do full weight baring yet.

Im scared! I have to get a tube and a train to work and take my newborn with me so carry a buggy up and down the stairs.... I'm thinking of investing in a baby sling! X

• Posted

Mandy,

Wow!  Carrying a buggy up/down stairs sounds like a lot without an injury.  (Of course, I am 57).  The baby sling makes a lot of sense.  I hope strangers step in to help you as well.  I found this for the most part when I was using my knee scooter that people would be very helpful.

I believe a commute (with a train/tube) is a second job in itself, plus putting in the work of taking a baby, plus your injury......please be patient with yourself.  

Maybe a trial run on a day you don't work would help you iron out any possible issues as well.

Best,

Mary

• Posted

Hi. I am weaning myself off my boot at present but hard!! My foot does seem to be getting stronger each day. I did have a wound infection but us clearing up now X 
  • Posted

Hi Mandy, I went to hospital yesterday as was concerned about my foot being so cold and when im sitting in a chair my toes go blue but had everything checked snd plaster took off and looked at but all is ok

. How is yiur pain? Are you managing to walk with the boot? I'm scared about when I get mine( 26th ) . How do u go up the stairs ? Are you able to walk up with the boot or on your bum

Mandy xx

• Posted

Hi Mandy, glad you went and got checked out and that you are ok.

My pain is OK every now and again it aches in my foot/ankle but then I just elevate and ice.

I'm gradually increasing pressure each day.

Yes I can walk with the boot increasing pressure each day.

Trying to get myself down to one crutch but still a bit hard think it's more in my head than ankle!

I can get upstairs with the boot as can put pressure on foot.

Don't worry about getting your boot look forward to it! It's going to be great just you wait! X

• Posted

Thanku lovely. Remind me again what exactly you have in your ankle? I know its simular to me. Abd how longbgave u been innthe boot . Are u having physio?

Mandy xx

• Posted

Hey, I had trimalleour fracture surgery 20 th August injury WA s19th August.

I have two plates and a ton of screws xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.