Hey everybody

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been an avid treadmill user for years. Plus I hit the weights a little. Lately my wirkouts have been insanely good and I feel a completely different person afterwards. I am 6 weeks on Citalopram 20mg and still adjusting. If you are struggling while the meds are sdjusting, do yourself a favor and do a 30 minute workout. Sleep is improved and really overall mood is 200% better. Drink lots of water. Exercising has been shown to stimulate endorphin priduction and activity. Just passing this tidbit along to anyone else needing a boost. Early morning anxiety sufferers, this may be the kickstart you need. Sure helps my day much better

2 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Completely agree with your post. I've suffered no end with anxiety and to a lesser degree depression. I've got into cycling in a big way, it doesn't half clear the mind, reduce the anxiety and aid sleep. As it happens I'm off out after this post for a few hours. Also, i was binge drinker, nothing for a week or two and then id go on a Friday bender, thats had to go, sick of feeling down for days afterwards and it gets in the way of cycling. Look after yourself its as good as the meds alone in my opinion. The days I cant get out on the bike i now use a cross trainer i bought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.