Hey EVERYONE

Posted , 9 users are following.

Yesturday morning i got all The hardware taken out of my ankle i am in a lot of pain nothing i cant bare..I kno for the first two days its goin to be pain.I HAVE A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS HOW SOON CAN I START WALKIN? What to expect? My doctor said i can start walkin right away but im not sure if thats a great idea

0 likes, 39 replies

39 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Please keep me posted on your development and how you are feeling as today I was told by my surgeon that my 11 pins and 2 plates in the spring have to come out.I have a triameollar fracture.I broke my ankle 3 and half months ago but i still get severe swelling and around my ankle knuckles. Also so that I can have MRI scan to see if i have oesto athritis .

Surgeon said it takes 2 weeks to heal once pins are removed. He didnt say how long it would take to walk again,but surely when stiches have healed ! good luck

• Posted

I feel absolutely great i started walkin yesturday im talkin it slow one day at a time...im have a couple of stitches not many
    • Posted

Fantastic news! That was fast! How many screws were taken out and did you get the plate out too? Are you on crutches or in a boot?
    • Posted

I had 8 screws and plates all of it was removed..I was on crutches whwj i left the hospital on fri but now i just walk..after surgery my foot was just wrapped up no boot are no cast
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your post. It answered my question on how long to heal after hardware is out, but my next question is does the doctor go back into the same incision to remove the hardware as when it was placed in your ankle? The part about swelling at the ankle knuckles is what related to me, thanks again.
  • Posted

I wouldn't start walking. I would think where the hardware was has to heal. Did the doctor reopen your surgical wounds where the hardware was placed?

• Posted

Thank you for posting about your experience !  I have worried about having my hardware removed and your experience seems very encouraging ! 
    • Posted

You welcome its alot better to me but if you are not having problems then dont do it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.