Hey Friends - size 16 trousers!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I bought a new pair of trousers today and they were a size 16. I genuinely think the last time I bought a pair of size 16 trousers was in 1978. Now I know the sizes have probably expanded, Laura Ashley is probably a generous sizer, the style was helpful.......but hey I am thrilled skinny!

RR (5 and a half stone down since 24/2 and still counting)

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

On the contrary, RR, I don't think LA's trousers are generous at all! Well done you...my goodness it's a long time since 1978. It must be wonderful for you. Imagine that...and the overall weightloss is staggering. It's been a long haul for you but so much success. You are an inspiration to us all.

I only wish I could get into size 16 trousers....16 on top is ok cause I have narrow shoulders but the bottom and tum are another story altogether.

Congratulations on your phenominal success.

• Posted

well done - I've managed size 16 cheap tesco jeans - but it hink they are generous.

keep going.

• Posted

Well done Ruth, i'm so pleased for you. I can get in size 16 trousers, doing them up however is a different matter (if i don't want to breathe and don't mind an enormous overhang i'm fine) :lol:

Like quill-drill has mentioned, you are an inspiration, you certainly were to me when i started!!

Congratulations x

• Posted

thanks all

next goal is a bmi of 30 ( ie just overweight!) - just 5 or 6 pounds to get there

• Posted

Well done - bring on size 14 in a month or so.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.