Hey girls : just got back from New Gyno.

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've so had it with this vertigo, brain fog and weird head and eyes feeling! I'm done! This new Gyno prescribed a hormone pill :femoston 1/10mg. I'm sooooo hoping that these damned symptoms will end. Does any of you ladies have experience with that medication? For 7 years I refused hormones, but I finally cracked. I just don't see, how I can go on in my 100% job which I love if constantly scared of fainting, falling or just not being in control of my mind. Hoping really for good news from one of you. I salute you all. Without you guys on this forum I would probably have given up already. Please keep sharing your thoughts. You might just save somebody's sanity and love for life.. Even if they seldom write and mostly read you daily. Love from me to all of you. And thank you for everything you've helped with so far.

Bina

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hello, You did not crack...you are helping yourself get better! Why suffer...gotta try something! I am self employed and had to stop working the job I love due to symptoms...especially the migraines and vertigo. I fully understand the weird head and falling feeling...dealing with it for a year. On a med for migraines and hoping to start back up on BCP again. I wish you all the best! keep us posted!

• Posted

Thanks Bina I have been in a similar state for some time and only joined the forum this week. I run my own business and these feelings you mention have really knocked my confident as I feel like you, nervous of falling, fainting or feeling dreadful in client meetings. I have been considering HRT so would be really keen to hear how you get on in a few weeks on the Femiston if you can let me know!? A friend recently recommended them Thanks so much x

• Posted

How are the new hormones working out? Have you started them?

• Posted

Hey girls... Me again, so far I could not start the femoston yet. Problem is, aside from waiting for first day of period, that the day after I got the meds from new Gyno, I got 2 auras! Thought it was the last day of my existence! Horrible. Now, in the description of those tablets it says not to take them if having migraines with auras. There... All hope gone! What am I to do? Take them anyway? Anybody had or had auras and still taking hormones? Hoping for answers, Bina

• Posted

Hi, I would call your dr on the migraine with aura...if it is different from other migraines you have had. Since peri, I have migraines and my eyes get floaters, snow, etc...no aura though. I still am starting my BCP.

• Posted

Hey Lou, I've never had migraines bevor peri started. In fact, was never the headache type bevor at all. You think that makes a difference

• Posted

Hello! I think so. Same with me...had tension headaches periodically in my 30s. 1 migraine...only knew it because I threw up! Then I turned 40 last year...STOPPED oral BCP...I was on for 20 years...then all my issues started. Now, I have terrible off balanced vertigo which I suspect are from the migraines. On amitripyline for mugraines. Hoping to start back on BCP this weekend. 57 days no period...spotting now...fingers crossed!

I do not know about the aura thing though...It may not be a big deal if it never happened before...or she may want you to get checked out!

• Posted

whoops...forgot to add...also if you are overall in good health, non smoker, etc...it is better...for stroke risk....but, I am assuming you are, as they would not suggest it in the first place!

• Posted

Hey Lou, here are my news : got my hormones from my gp yesterday. Got way more than enough of the estradiol whilst my progesterone is almost non existent! So.. Classic estrogen dominance here. My gyn misunderstood my mail to her completely and told me also, that she doesn't know much about bio identical hormones. Go figure. I was so mad and frustrated, that I told my gp I would simply order my micronised progesterone cream via internet. After all, I obviously don't need any estrogen right now anyway. So I ordered right away the cream I've had good experience with. Since I still had some left over, I applied it in the evening right away. Today I feel already a bit better. Perhaps knowing that all my blood work came out fine and knowing about my hormones status gives me a boost. This way I can at least avoid the risk for thrombosis and cancer. Love, Bina

• Posted

Hi Bina! That is great! I do not know if the dr explained the hormone test but, your estrogen and progesterone...(mostly estrogen)will shoot up and down until you are officially in menopause. The imbalance is what causes all of our symptoms...the trick is to find that happy place, so to speak! Our progesterone usually tanks before our estrogen finally depletes and we are done.

I tried the mini pill before which is fake progesterone only...It made me really sad, weepy, it was a weird couple of months. Hence, the reason for the combo pill for me.

I wish you good luck with the cream...other ladies on here have more experience with that than me. I had asked about it and my dr said it would not do much for me for the long term...I am only 41 and my ovaries already started "failing" a couple of years ago...I have a long road ahead! Fingers crossed, I hope you get some relief! Take good care!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.