Hi

Posted , 8 users are following.

hi Tucks

you've definitely described everything as it is ....I look in the mirror and think I even look different...maybe it's in the eyes I honestly don't know 

i'm sure the surgeon  amputated my sparkle I used to be such a determined person and just got on with life. But now I find myself making excuses not to go out 

I think I need a good kick up the Bum 

Jean (76) 13 weeks post op

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean,

that sparkle will come back. But I know what you mean . I keep thinking I look older lol.Skin not so good !! Etc. I am definitely feelng better now, still have bad days and low days .i am making more of an effort now , not to look so scruffy , new hair style lol. It will come , good luck 

Pam 4 1/2 months post op 

• Posted

Hi Jean, I know what you mean I had my op in April this year and have come on really well. I am now waiting to have my second knee done. Waiting is the word I dont know when but it is looking like early next year. Like you I seem to have lost my get up and go. I make up all excuses in my head as to why I cant do things even though I know I can. Then when i do go out I cant wait to get back home. Its like its a form of agrophobia which I never suffered from before. 
    • Posted

That's exactly how I feel ..I go shopping get exactly what I ent for and come home

no more browsing for me

the only consolation is ...I'm not spending money on rubbish

Jean 

• Posted

I've been like this too. But I think I'm improving. The last week or so I've managed longer sessions at the shops - and have actually done some Christmas shopping (mostly online though). My husband's quite pleased that I'm spending less 😊😊 
  • Posted

Joan , 

i am just the same. Little things get turned into mountains !! I wonder why it is.Inam in the same situation as you , seeing my surgeon in January about the second knee. Although at the moment it is not giving me too much trouble .

pam 4 1/2 months 

• Posted

Same here, no Christmas decorations up yet. No cards sent. 

I for one will be glad to see the back of this year. I had pneumonia in March, then this knee.

Moan over.

Caz

• Posted

Hi Caz

i actually sent all my Christmas cards out yesterday and I only have a few presents left to buy.

so next week I will fly round the shops and get everything I need (that's if a miracle occurs)  I'll be glad when xmas is over this year and unless some kind soul gets my xmas tree out of the loft it will have to stay and gather dust until next year.

but....the good thing is ....I have my new knee for Xmas 

Jeanbiggrin

• Posted

Hi Jean where do you live? is there no-one to come round and help you with your tree? My hubby just put ours up but its mainly for the grandkids.Although now its up I must confess I lke it. I think we all need that extra push this year. I am determined my new knee will not rule my life even though it has done a good job of it so far. 
    • Posted

Hi Joan

no doubt when my daughter comes round she will get the tree out of the loft 

and like you my tree is mainly for the  great grandkids all my lot are grown up

i usually make little baskets of sweets to put round the bottom of the tree which they love  

so that's my next project 

Jean 

• Posted

Be patient and give yourself an extra dose of self inflicted kindness. Only you knows exactly how bad you are feeling. Pain, sleep deprivation and fatigue can put a terrible strain on the system. Pushing too hard just makes things worse. I use a rather blunt expression......."there's a big difference between scratching your area and tearing the hell out of it". Remember that you alone know when you need that extra dose of comfort
    • Posted

Should have been "arse" not area

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.