Hi

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I've posted here a couple times when I needed reassurance. So I'm doing it again.

So I got diagnosed with GAD and I think I have some mild Health Anxiety. Ive been to the ER like 6 times. Blood work came out fine. ECG was good. I have had an echo and the person who did it said I am as healthy as I can be. They ran another test to check my cholesterol levels and they were a bit high. But said not worry about it because I am young. But that I still need to work on that. I used to be very fit and go out alot before all this happened. My anxiety has been at a constant level. Panick attacks come and go. My concern is that I keep thinking my cholesterol levels are going to kill me at such a young age. I jeep having chest pains and muscle aches. I've had them way before I was told. The more I think about it the more my mind wonders. I just had a panic attack where I couldn't breathe. I thought I was having a HA. Since all my other tests came out fine should I worry?!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have panic attacks too which leave me feeling so anxious after I get chest pains and muscle aches as well as other symptoms so it is just the anxiety. As hard as it is when your mind wonders and you feel panicky you just need to tell your self it's just the anxiety and nothing else I find sticking head phones in helps to take my mind off it. Hope you get some answers soon.

• Posted

Hi Lauren thanks for your reply. Do you have a constant feeling in your chest that something is wrong or gonna happen. I can't seem to shake it off. I have a cardiologist consult in 2 weeks so hopefully I'll get some answers.

• Posted

Have you been to your primary care doctor? These are all signs of Panic/anxiety. I get the same thing with the rapid heart, and the chest pain. Ive had EKG and a ton of blood work which all came back normal. Im almost 32 and Ive never been thru anything like this. But after suffering horribly for 4 weeks I went to the doctor to find out what it was and after seeing 3 doctors and being diagnosed with panic/anxiety disorder they went ahead and started me on meds. Low dosage and i recently just started therapy. Im all about doing things naturally but ya know  somethings you just cant and you need the medication. I am on day 14 of my med and yes ive suffered with side effects and increased anxiety but i feel im on my way to feeling myself again. Medications are not always a bad thing. Good Luck to you! There is help out there!
    • Posted

Yes I've been like alot of times I'm kind of embarrased of going anymore. He referred me to a cardiologist because my heart rate went to like 130 and the cardiologist said I am fine. I'm going back in 2 weeks. It does suck. I used to be very active but this has stopped me from doing much. The constant chest pain and headaches and muscle aches and pains. Panic attacks and breathless attacks. Hopefully soon someone can Crack down on amxiety.

• Posted

When I went to the ER my BP was up to 169! Total panic attack. Had EKG and tons of bloodwork. all normal. as soon as they put me in a room to wait on doctor. my BP went back down to 125. You need to ask them to put you on medication. DOn't be embarrassed. Ive never been to the doctor so much in my life. I dont' care. I'm important and I will do it if I feel the need. And so should you. Ask to get started on medication and look for a good therapist.

• Posted

My BP goes wild as well. I get nervous so white coat. But when I'm calm it goes back down. I am currently on some meds and they helped alot. But I still get them. I think I do need a good therapist bit they are expensive. I've gone to the doctor so much as well. For simple things as well. You can never win

• Posted

But you can win, If your on meds and taking them as directed and you have given them long enough to work properly  and they are not working then your doctor needs to try something else. You must stay on top of it to get control of it. My bp hasn't been that high since then. You will get control over this by being persistent!

• Posted

My BP stays constant. For a while I was obsessed with my BP and thought I had it bad. But I calmed myself down. Thanks man. I appreciate it.
  • Posted

Focus on raising your good cholesterol and lowering your bad cholesterol. Plant oils are best avoiding animal fats. The Mediterranean diet is most recommended for heart health
    • Posted

Yeah it's not that high. I think it was 223. So 23 over. And I have. I've been exercisin more to get my HDL up and bring my LDL down. I also eat much healthier.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.