Hi

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had anxiety for quite some time (since I was a kid). I get the ocational anxiety attack from time to time, but when it's worst is during the night. I have a very hard time falling asleep. It's 2:04 am right now and spent about 3 hours, from 9:30 to about 12:00 trying to sleep. Eventually, I started feeling like I was having an anxiety attack, so I take the last pill of Xanax I have in hopes it helps. I't didn't, and I began to cry for about 2 hours. I feel better now, but it's nothing new (2 hours of crying is, though) Ever since middle school I've felt this way. It wasn't until my Jr year of high school that I went to see a doctor. It's the second day of my senior year, and it's already starting. It usually happens once or more a week.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hey There Someguy . . . what other medications are you currently taking? I know insomina really sucks and I have myself waking up earlier and earlier. Have you tried talk therapy? I would continue to speak with your doctor until you find the right medication for you.

?I know it's tough but posting here is a big step. We are all in the same boat and can truly relate to your story.

?Plus, starting school especially as a senior can cause anxiety as well. Do you have a support system at home? Once in awhile I tried to talk with friends to get out the angst I'm feeling. It does help sometimes.

?Honey, I wish you nothing but the best of luck to you. Please keep posting. We are all here for you in the virual world. Take care.

• Posted

This happens to me every night. Two things help....getting something light to eat, or drinking from the cup of chamomile tea by my bed.
  • Posted

what brings on the crying? is it your bad experiences as a youngster?
    • Posted

No, it's the fact that my insomnia and anxiety have been driving me crazy for years. I just, kind of started thinking, "not again". Through out the summer I was sleeping perfectly, and I knew what was coming for the rest of the year.

• Posted

If you were sleeping well, then what do you think triggered the insomnia? and what form did the anxiety take?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.