hi

Posted , 6 users are following.

does prostatisus ever clear up add it 9 week

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

The short answer is yes, but it might take a few more weeks or months.  These links may help:

https://patient.info/search.asp?searchterm=prostatitis

The main article for the general public says this:

"Most men diagnosed with chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CPPS) tend to have an improvement in their symptoms over the following six months. In one study, about a third of men had no further symptoms one year later. In another large study, one third of men showed moderate to marked improvement over two years."

• Posted

thank you for your help see urologis last week said it was back to normal size but still little tender on just one side am peeing fine just left with pain in my bum alittle been on trimethoprim for 7 week got one week couse left but after 4 week make you feel a bit sick do you think it mite clear on it own now
  • Posted

After antibiotic treatment for about a month my prostatitis cleared up.
    • Posted

thank you for your help see urologis last week he said it gone down back to normal size just a bit tender i am peeing ok now no pain in willy or ball just little pain in my bottom been taken trimethprim 200 for 7 week got a week left to take but after 5 week the tablet made me feel a bit sick could i come off there tablet and see if it go on it own now or do i carry on and if no better go back to gp
  • Posted

I seen some say yes, after some time tho. Seen others say it keeps coming back. Haven't seen anyone say they found a cause tho.

• Posted

thank you seen urologis last week he said it gone back to normal just still abit tender iam peeing fine no pain in ball or willy just a bit of pain in bottom been taken trimethprim for 7 week got a week left to take but since 5 week felt a bit sick could i come off then tablet now it gone down or do i carry on taken then and if pain dont go go back to doctor for some more
  • Posted

i have had chronic bacterial prostatitis for almost 3 years with moderate to

severe pain most of the time , just to let you know some cases do not clear

​up right away .  best of luck griff

• Posted

i had it for 9 week mate seen urologis last week he said it gone back to normal just still abit tender i b een on trimethoprim now for 7 week got week coure left but tablet start to make me feel a bit sick do i finish tablet up and go back to gp or leave then off as i got no pain in willy and i can wee fine now just a little pain in my bottom
  • Posted

David, I had a severe UTI, which brought on prostatitus. My PSA spiked from 2.4 to 13. Now a year on, my PSA is back to 4.9, but I still have some pain. It can take a few years some time to recover.  
  • Posted

i beem to see ulouglist last week he said it gone back to normal just a bit tender when he press it am weeing fine just a bit pain in bottom no pain in ball and willy i been taken trimethoprim for 7 week got week coure left but after 5 week i start to feel sick a bit do i leave tablet off or take last week and if no better go back to gp

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.