hi

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive recently been diagnosed with ibs about 2 days ago after months of back and forth from doctors, does anybody feel pressure right up your bum and that you need to poo constantly also back pain at bottom and pain going down into legs ?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, yes I get exactly the same I have it at the mo! I have suffered from this for many years now. It comes & goes not nice. I have taken Mebeverine on & off. I have just read about a new treatment for IBS its called KIJIMEA IBS, you have to order it from your chemist. Boots or Superdrug. I am going to give it a try You can also order online

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398316-adding-links-to-posts

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

I have IBS C so I have trouble going to the loo at times and can get pressure from backed up stools. Fruit helps with this. Occasionally I get loose stools or diarrhoea when stressed and I find Imodium or codeine very effective.  I have had lower back pain too.  Part of the colon wraps around the lower back and this is why IBS pain can be felt there.  I haven't had pain going into my legs.

• Posted

Yes, I get a similar sensation. The feeling is extremely difficult to describe! Even when I've just been to the toilet it feels like something is just 'there'; a presence just inside my bum. Very peculiar.  

I've noticed, however, that if I'm busy I don't notice it and forget about it. I know the worlds of psychology overlap with IBS so I wonder how much of the feeling is my own doing?

I have a very, very occasional dull throb in my back. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.