Hi all

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hiya im sophie and im 13 iv been having chest pain for about 4 weeks and iv been in ambulance and A&E twice and to the doctors they did a ECG and said it looked okay but it still hurts and they dont seem to be worried about it. I have also been having upper back pain and shortness of breath and fingers turning cold and purple.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Do you know the chances that you may have a heart condition, 100's of thousands to 1, at your age.  Its older people who get heart conditions, because for years they have been overweight, and or smoked, and they end up clogging up their arteries that supply the heart muscle the blood.

?I'm wondering why you think the Dr's are not worried, , I'm amazed the even did an ECG, as you would not be a typical patient, see above.

?Have you torn a muscle, with doing something you are not used to doing, or damaged cartledge, that can be extremely painful, and the pain could make make you short of breath, have been there and done that, you just cannot breath through the pain, you have to force yourself to breathe, I remember thinking passing out is not an option, I have to remain conscious so I can tell people what is happening, mine was a torn cartledge in my hip joint, off the scale of pain, could not move, and I had been so enjoying walking getting fit.

?Other than that do you suffer from anxiety, its a terrible thing to have, but you can learn about why it happens, how your brain reacts.

Its all part of our ancient brain, when we were living in caves, and trying to survive against sabre tooth tigers that were planning on us being their dinner, fight or flight, in otherwords pick up that spear and fight the tiger, and or run faster than the tiger, hormones kick in and your heart starts racing to give you that extra strength to survive, that part of our brain has not gone away, and sometimes it just kicks in when we don't want it to, get some help to understand, from firstly your local Dr, and or school counselor.

• Posted

Hi Sophie, I have posted here before somewhere!

I also got my chest pain at 13years old, it comes and goes over the years I am almost 49 now!

I have seen the doc a few times had ECG's etc... all normal. it has been just a dull pain most of the time but sometimes sharp pain, especially if I run. But 2 weeks ago I got the huge sharp pain while I was just sitting down. first time in about 20 years. I took  Bakamol pain killer and diclofenac anti-inflammatory and the pain went and has not come back! I am pretty sure it is something to do with swelling of muscles and maybe lungs rubbing against rib cage, but that is just my guess! Now I decided to take tumeric capsules daily as they are a natural anti-inflammatory, I don't like taking too many drugs. and will see how this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.