Hi all - found a way to deal with vaginal fissures & inflammation & pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

There is a gel for mosquito bites called "fenistil gel" it contains "dimethindene maleate 0.1%" which is a antihistamine.

Originally, antihistamines are supposed to reduce allergy/inflammation symptoms but lately there have been found other benefits such as fighting cancer and even wound healing.

I smeared this on my fissures and inflammation after other dr's ointments did not help including corticosteroids and antibiotics. The inflammation stopped over night and there is zero pain, i also noticed the skin has healed each day more.

Worth a try, i hope this tip helps someone! 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Knowledgegirl, I'm glad you found something that works for you.  My vuvlodynia was eventually cured when it was found that I was very sensitive to the natural chemicals in the solanacea group of foods.  But before I realized what was causing it and started to avoid those foods (which made a complete cure for me!) I used to take oral antihistamines as the only thing that would ease the pain, fissures, and bleeding of my vulvodynia.  Now of course I only have a relapse of symptoms if I accidentally eat anything containing potato, tomato, capsicum or chilli, but back then antihistamines kept me from cutting my own throat from the pain!  So it could be that if your symptoms are also helped by antihistamines, it sounds like you also could have an allergy to those foods which set me off?  Apart from the ones mentioned above, tobacco, eggplant, and paprika are also part of the solanacea group.  I've had complete relief for the past four years, whereas I suffered awful symptoms for seven years before I found out what was causing it. 

Good luck - you've got nothing to lose but your pain!

Alison 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.