Hi All , Hot flushes day and night any ideas???

Posted , 9 users are following.

Been on HRT and every other anti depressant going, tried gabapentin etc, nothing works!! Been put back on HRT (Elleste Duet conti) no relief yet been on it 5 days now!! feeling fed up as nothng seems to help ! Anyone else having this trouble???

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

HRT worked really well for me. But then I started bleeding so I came off it. The misery started again but then I started taking Vit D and Magnesium and my hot flushes have decreased to the occasional 'warm glow'. I can't get over the difference and am banging on about it to everyone! Can't say it will work for everyone and I don't know what it is, but it seems to be working.
    • Posted

Thanks for the advice, will give it a go!! I would much rather go down the non prescriptive route ive spent a small fortune on prescritptions!

Can I ask how long it took for you to notice a difference in your sweats??

• Posted

I was on HRT for just over a year and had stopped twice before because of the bleeding. But the sweats started about two weeks after stopping the HRT. I started the Vit D in September and the Magnesium just after. I took the last HRT in November. Since then, hardly anything.
    • Posted

Great! thanks, at least you have some relief now, thanks again, will let you know ! X
  • Posted

Hi Leesa, I have duffered so badly for the past few years that when I have a hot flush I feel shaky and weak and my face and head gets so hot I drip with sweat from my face and my hair gets soaking wet. It's so embarrassing. My friends are shocked when they see me. Night time I soak the bed -just awful! Someone on this site 2 weeks ago mentioned safe tablets. I went to Holland & Barrett and was advised to by a certain brand by A Vogel and it's called Menoforcr Sage Leaf tablets. These are especially for hot flushes and excessive sweating during menopause and they really do work. The first day I took them my flushes went from 30+ a day to around 5. I can't thank this person enough for the recommendation. I've taken vit d and magnesium for a long time due to deficiency but had no idea about them helping with flushes. However if that works then great. You can google sage leaf and read reviews. Totally a life saver for me. Good luck x
    • Posted

Hi Thanks for your post, blimey you suffered badly with the sweats then!!

And agree yes its awful at night !! Ive not heard of them but am desperate so will take a trip to holland barrett tomoro!! thanks so much,  glad you are having a sweat free time now.

Thanks you again

Lees x

• Posted

I hadn't heard about them either so I read some reviews first and I really can't believe I've found something that works. I too have been previously on HRT and pregabalin plus many anti depressants which did nothing. I have thyroid problems too so thought nothing would ever work. I started night sweats at 29 so really have suffered. My hot flushes begun around 2 years ago . It was so nice going out today with my daughter and granddaughter without having to mop up my sweaty face and people staring at me thinking I've got a disease - the make I mentioned are supposed to be the purest and the best. Please let me know if they work for you too x
    • Posted

Hi Im so pleased im not the only oe to have been put on stuff that doesnt work, so pleased they have worked and given you your life back, i now exactly what you mean,  its very embarrassing when you are out and a swet come on....! Im definitely  going to try them, thank you so much, i will keep you posted L X
    • Posted

I tried Menoforce Sage on the recommendation of a friend. They worked very well for her (she took three a day). I did the same - nothing.rolleyes
    • Posted

Hi bobbysgirl, it's so strange how we all react so differently to all kinds of drugs whether synthetic or natural. Yet all we women have periods and then menopause. All we can do is try and help each other in the hope that what works for us may help someone else. I hope the vit d and magnesium continues to work for you. I had to come off HRT after finding out I carry the BRCA1 gene 😕
    • Posted

Hi, I just starting taking the same make of sage tablets as you bought a week ago. I haven't noticed much relief from the hot flushes and night sweats as yet. What strength were the ones you took. Mine are 51mg, one a day. I'm sure I've seen someone on here say to take 1000mg?

• Posted

HRTs never helped with me i am back on Zoloft, Trazodone, Lamtrigine and Lorazepam it has helped me a lot better. With me being diabetic and having high blood pressure and low thyroid they say do not be on HRTs 

You just have to find what works for you and go with it 

• Posted

Hi Leesa, Menoforce sage tabs worked for me, they were effective for about 4 months, worth a try...x
  • Posted

I had just horrific hot flashes for a while but Since i started Bioidentical Hormones they are gone for good.......My bad mood is also gone .. so says my husband.. Are you taking anything?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.