Hi all I started in the Menopause 2 years ago and like m...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all I started in the Menopause 2 years ago and like most I sufferd with mood swings, tiredness, forgetfulness and the dreaded day/night sweats, as I live in Spain these become unbearable during the summer. I visited my GP who prescribed some tablets ( I have forgotten the name) when these didn't work all HE said in that case nothing will, very helpful and encouraging. Then a friend told me about a herbal remedy Black Kohosh. I have been taking this for about 1 year and it has helped a lot I do not get many during the day I still get some at night but not as intense. Now I need help with restless legs on an evening. Anyone have any suggestions.sad

[i:2e514660aa]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:2e514660aa]

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I read somewhere that restless legs could be helped by standing a couple of feet from a wall and then leaning towards the wall, arms by your side and palms in front of your shoulder like a verticle pressup. This should be repeated for a couple of mins before bed.I have no idea if it works but it is free and there are no tablets involved!

smile

[i:f0846ab911]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:f0846ab911]

• Posted

Try vitamin E and Folic acid for restless legs. It worked for me and my sister.

[i:ef28bedd25]This message was automatically imported from the original Patient Experience[/i:ef28bedd25]

• Posted

I read somewhere a long time ago that drinking quinine water before going to bed stops leg syndrome. Don't know if it works because I don't have that problem.
  • Posted

Yes, I believe restless legs are due to a fluid imbalance-so lots of H2o and /or maybe anaemia-so get that checked out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.