Hi, am due to have my op for posterior and anterior repair and tvt on Thursday😕

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm a mature nursing student and am due to return to placement ( district nursing so not too heavy) 5 weeks after the operation. Looking at the treads on here am worried I won't be recovered enough? Am 50, recovered quickly from hysterectomy 7 years ago so was hoping to do same this time! Am I being unrealistic?

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Elaine, I have to say like you I had an hystorectomy last July and recovered by seven week and worked on my laptop from 4 however my exsperiance of the operation you are having is as follows, operation on the 19.4.16 had problems weeing and they were going to send me home with a cathiter I refused and told them to give me a further 24 hours to wee they did and I went home without the cathiter, I got home went to bed and didn't do anything for the first 6 days, I was very emotional( I am not an emotional person) got up on day seven did very small walks round the garden but was and am still very tired, I have built my walks round the garden up to 14 times a day it is only 20 foot square Lv. You have a heavy feeling below and carnet sit for long periods of time no real pain just unconfatuble.

i do not see myself going back to work. Till around 13 week, my surgeon told me you can not and must not pick anything up and you must rest or all the good work I have done will be ruined.

they don't give enough information about after the op but matron is very quick at responding so stay on the forum it will help you.

if I can help I will but it will only be my exsperiance and everyone heals at different rates xxx good luck

• Posted

Thank you to Matron and everyone who has replied, Im not concerned about the operation and totally trust the expertise of the surgeon. I have to have this done, prolapse is horrible and peeing every time I cough / sneeze /laugh and sometimes even walk is unbearable but looking at the replies I think I may have to have to take more time out than I thought. Will know for definite on Wednesday evening if even going ahead ( recent doctors strikes, which I totally support, may have an effect) but I do agree there is not a huge amount of information given as to what to expect during recovery. I've been told I'll come home with a catheter for a week which will be a bit of a pain. Also not sure how long hospital stay will be. Am so glad I've found this forum, will check in again once I know for sure it's happening on Thursday 😊. Thanks again, I do appreciate everyone's experiences are different but it's helpful to get a general idea on what to expect. Thank you Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.