Hi does anyone's anxiety stop them from having a job?

Posted , 8 users are following.

hey I just wanted to ask it really affects me and I'm sick of it I just want a normal life

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

It stopped me from having a job before, it took me a while to get better.

are you new to this?

• Posted

Yep I lost my job about 8 weeks ago with it and I couldn't imagine myself getting back out there..

All in good time

• Posted

I have had depression for 16 years hospitalised a few times with it but on the whole I managed to hold down jobs through the years, I have only recently 3 nearly 4 months ago started getting anxiety and its floored me I am unable to function I had to resign from my job.  Some days Im ok but then I cant leave the house for days on end.

Im in the process of changing medication and waiting on CBT I am just hoping with that combo I will be able to go back to work in the near future.

You have got to stay positive, its hard I know cause anxiety sucksbiggrin

• Posted

New to this? Do u mean the site or anxiety? I have had anxiety since 17-18 I'm 22 now and had this site about 1month. I just can't stop thinking how much different and how great my life would PROBALY be if I didn't suffer anxiety!
    • Posted

For sure, we've all been there. have you spoken to a doctor?
  • Posted

Yea and I take 10 mg of propanolol 3x aday

and 20 mg of escitalopram

• Posted

Yes I had to take sick signed off work for weeks years ago ,then had to give up a good job in NHS due to stress, but there are other healthierc ways to get by.sometimes anxiety is your body's way of making you change things that aren't right. So good can come out if bad.
  • Posted

I haven't been able to work for just over 5 months because of anxiety/panic and it makes me really anxious thinking of how I am going to go back sad
    • Posted

You can get through this. If you need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

Good luck and all the best!

• Posted

Just to let you know that I have battled severe anxiety, and managed to get back to work.  Sometimes we can take time off till we a little better.  But also need to learn to fight through the fear.  If we don't learn to live with the fear or disprove the irrational fear we have, we suffer.  I went to work feeling stressed and anxious and pushed my self through the fear.  Do I still suffer from anxiety, of course!  I take medications, take time when I am stressed out to destress.  Going for walks, sometime long walks with my dog.  Go for nature walks. Nature has this awe effect on our psyches.  If you live in a big city, I recommend go outside the city and find nature trails.  Explains why people who live in the cities, also have places to live in rural areas.  To get away from hustle and bustle.  We need to learn to get away from the rushing here and there, and learn to just destress, and go at our own pace.  hope this helps some.
  • Posted

It can if severe enough and your not on meds, qt the present I;m not working but my unemployment runs out soo, so I have to find a job, to keep my apartment and evrything else rather I feel like working or not. I got a few bucks put back but not much, so Im putting applications in. God I dread working feeeling this way, but I dont feel as bad as I did, for I got on paxil and busoar and klonopin for anxiety attacks...hopefully I can handle it
  • Posted

I think it also depends on what anxiety symptoms u get and what kind of job it's so hard to work if u have heart racing a lot of the time or other symptoms like that

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.