Hi everyone!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I started on orlistat a week ago and already feel much lighter. I weigh a whopping 26 stone to the shock of the nurse last week who had the awkward job of giving me a medical. I had an undiagnosed underactive thyroid and my weight just kept creeping up. I already feel much more in control by limiting my eating to 3 meals a day and no snacks.

I have decided to dedicate a year to dieting, exercise and taking orlistat. This forum is exactly what I've been looking for to give and provide support for others in the same boat.

Are there any other members with a lot of weight to lose?

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

I have 9 or 9 1/2 stone to lose. Lost 10lbs first month but have been ill this month withserious back problems back on track last Monday and had a sneaky look on scales today and have lost another 4lbs. Happy with that although official weigh in is tomorrow. 

Good luck with your journey and happy to chat anytime as I understand what it's like to have a lot to lose. 

Xx

• Posted

Thank you Yvonne smile Congratulations on your weight loss so far although sorry to hear about back problems.

Good luck with weigh in tomorrow and likewise, happy to chat anytime 

X

• Posted

I have alot to lose around the 8stone mark now have lost 1st 6lbs, I dont look at it as dieting as then all i will think about is the foods I cannot eat. 

Hopefully with the right medical attention to your underactive thyroid and the help of the blue bullets you will be able to chunks of weight coming off.

This is a fab forum, and has helped me daily.

Good luck hun on the beginning of your new chapter. xxx

• Posted

Thank you Pinkhen. Good advice re dieting. I hope you're right. It would be lovely to see weight coming off rather than piling on for a change!

I feel quite excited about a new future X

• Posted

Hi

it has taken just over a year Yes lost most of it now so will lose the rest without the tablets.

Good Luck x

• Posted

Hi Britney, So you are a success story, you have lost weight and kept to a diet for over a year. That is so, so good to hear. These tablets really do help then..Congratulations smile
    • Posted

Hi Lily

Thankyou smile

Yes indeed they have! so glad i started them, due to come off the tablets and eat the same foods obviously! Good Luck on your weight loss journey smilex

• Posted

Hello and welcome to the forum Lily :-)

I now have 6 stone to loose and have been on Oristat around 6 weeks, I was weighed after one month and lost 10lbs.

I suspect that because you have a lot to loose you will drop weight much quicker than than those who have much less.

We are a friendy bunch in the forum and will give you lots of hints, tips and support if you ask for them. Britney will always be willing help you out and has a blog about Oristat, its quite inspiring :-)

Oristat rocks!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Thank you Precipitusdaisy (great name), this forum seems incredibly welcoming and I'm so pleased I stumbled across it. Congratulations on your weight loss! X
    • Posted

Thank you Lily :-)

Yep! we are a friendy bunch in the forum - we all have our ups and downs and are at various stages of weight loss.

There will always be someone to chat to for support when it gets a little hard, which it does at times. You have a fair bit to loose, so try thinking a stone at a time, you will be amazed at what you can achieve!

Britney has lost an incredible amount of weight since Jan last year and has gone from I believe a 24 to a 12! She has a blog on Oristat, check it out Lily, it will inspire you!

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Hi lily

ive been on the tablets 4 weeks and have lost 12 1/2 lbs so far.  I've not set a target to lose as from previous experience that puts pressure on me! But I would love to lose about 6 stone - would prob still put me in the obese category but I'd be over the moon!! 😊😀

• Posted

Wow, lis63339, you have done incredibly well! You must be so pleased. I'm beginning to really look forward to my first months weigh in smile
    • Posted

I am pleased - it'd just be nice for the weight to disappear over night but that's not going to happen. Long road for a lot of us on here - hopefully we can encourage each other along the way x
  • Posted

Hi Lily smile 

I've been taking Orlistat for 3 weeks now and have lost a stone so far. I have about 8 stone to lose. I really feel for you with your health problems - it's very unfortunate that it too the drs so long to realise you had an underactive thyroid. I have been through similar problems where it took them years to work out what was wrong with me and the weight was piling on - I felt embarrassed, helpless, exhausted. You name it, my emotions have been all over the place. 

I am however relieved that the drs have finally realised my problems and I really do feel like I'm on the right track now and the road to recovery so to speak. I'm so pleased I've found this forum which is specifically for people taking Orlistat rather than just weight loss in general. Although we all have different amounts of weight to lose, we are all going through very similar things and I'm sure we would all apreciate the support and encouragement of others in this forum. 

I just want to say YOU CAN DO THIS!! I'm sure if you stick to what you're doing you will have a great surprise when you go for your next weigh in. I was grinning from ear to ear when I went for my weigh in earlier this week and I had only been on the tablets for 2 1/2 weeks at that point. I'm sure you will notice the weight coming off quite quickly to start with which will give you the encouragement to continue. 

Just remember, you are not alone in this - we are all here to support you xx

• Posted

What a lovely message 5ummer, thank you.. I'm really glad to hear that your problems are being recognised also. I'm right there with you in regards to the frustration with the pounds piling on. I think helpless really does sum it up. 

But... this feels like a fresh start and Yes you are right, we CAN all do this smile My weigh ins are only once a month at the surgery so I'm measuring my waist in the meantime to see if there is any visible weight loss but I already feel so much lighter, I think I will be bouncing off the lamp posts with excitement if I have actually lost weight rather than perpetually putting it on! X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.