Hi Everyone

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Melbi, TT, PJ, Breexeman & the gang.....

You will no doubt read my post to the Admin Team.... the chatroom it seems is not apple mac friendly I did go there last night - finally got hold of the laptop - but you'd all logged out, never mind. So just to say I'm not being rude or anything but won't be in the chat room, I will however still keep posting here so hope to keep in touch with you guys!

Melbi, on another note re missing meds etc, I'm on 30mg daily but was feeling alot better so (clever me!) decided to drop to 20mg, I couldn't discuss this with my Dr as I was unable to get an appointment outside of office hrs so just did it, only for 2 days, now my head is all over the place, get panic att on going out again etc so advice to all is stick to regular time, doseage etc until advised to do dif - lesson learnt back to 30mg today!!!

On a lighter note it's \"the teenager's\" birthday tomorrow, 16!!! so have to get straight & organised off to get him a cake this dinner time, (am rubbish cook, that's my excuse!)

Please all keep in touch here...... Best wishes Nicky Jane x x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Nicky Jane

There is a slight improvement in my mood today so definitely going to say it's the messing about with tablets that caused the slide.

I am also considering asking my doctor if i would benefit from an increase in the dose. 10 mg seems ok but the downward slope comes at the slightest thing so maybe just need a little more citalopram?

Nicky Jane, I'm going to have a look around and see if I can find another place to create a private chatroom. There is one place that is really good - unfortunately any tom dick or harry can enter the room. Apologies to any tom dick or harrys'

I will have a look this afternoon.

what is the use of a room if not everyone can gain access to it?

I will keep you informed.

Stay strong

Love

Melbi xxx

good luck with your teens birthday and hope you all enjoy yourselves.

• Posted

Hi Melbi

Glad your feeling a little better today, perhaps a slight increase would help you, no harm in asking I'm sure your Dr would consider it. I was started off on 20mg then increased to 30mg and with my little experiment on dropping the doseage seems I'm not ready yet! It's all seems to be a matter of trial & error after all we are all individuals and react in dif ways that's what makes us us I suppose. Wish we had a big bag to shake us up in & get back to normal lol

Thank you for looking for an alternate chatroom, really appreciate it but please, please don't stress yourself over it I can always keep in touch here I really don't want to add any undue aggrevation to yourself - you are so kind & thoughtful - thank you Melbi

Best wishes

Nicky Jane x

• Posted

Hi Nicky Jane, Katy, Melbi ... all!

Nicky Jane, I too have Macintosh computers. Mine is a G4 laptop with OSX 10.3.9 and I have no trouble with the chat room. BUT ... I am told by Apple and by IBM compatible technicians that the main problem with computers slowing down is a lack of hard drive space, and if the computer won't accept the stream it may be that the operating system is not up to date with current web protocols. But don't give up! Keep asking your local computer techs for help and advice. The reason I buy Macs (have owned Macs since 1988) is that only twice in their history have they been affected by virus, trojan horse, worms etc. And the first one took 24 hours to sort, the second took nearly a week. Macs have built in firewall protection, as you would know, but the net is becoming increasingly Microsoft friendly, I think.

Anyway, I appreciate your posts and hope you continue to contribute. Look after you too. xxx

• Posted

Hi Breezeman

Many thanks for the info We all work on apple macs here mainly that they are better for publishing work & also the virus thing too! Trouble is this machine is sooo old, I am due a new one but not until this one has croaked!

At this moment in time I think I will just stick with posting here, it's easier but will try the chatroom if & when I can get the laptop off my teenager!!!

Best wishes

Nicky Jane x

• Posted

Hi Nicky Jane. Yes, I have worked with a publisher having written some books and Macintosh is the preferred vehicle for publishers. I can imagine your frustration, but the only way I found to cure it was to update my computer every two years. Which is expensive.

The thing with teenagers is they seem to appropriate the latest info by osmosis or interstellar insertion or something. I hope you continue to post here.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.