Hi Fellow Cysters

Posted , 4 users are following.

Apologies for the disappearing act.

I went back to work on the 6th October and I have to say at first I thought I'd made a huge mistake.

I took the mother and father of all colds and felt miserable for a couple of weeks.

I knew I'd take something - I work in a nursery office - so there's always some kinda bugs around.

Anyway, the cold finally settled so other the discomfort/pain of the cyst I'm coping OK.

I saw my surgeon, who was lovely, and we decided the best course of action was to have the ovary and cyst removed in one fell swoop. I asked not to be going into hospital at Christmas, as I have one wee boy, and between one thing and another we've had a very traumatic year. I don't want to be utterly miserable right through Christmas, so that was OK - until the appointment came in, for the 8th Dec!!

I called and spoke with my surgeons secretary who has put me on the cancellation list for the month of November - failing that my op will be January.

I've been intouch with Tracey by email and know she was going private to get it dealt with quickly. I only hope it all went ahead, just read she took a cold right before her admission. I've got it all crossed for those having their surgery. I can just about imagine how anxious you must have felt/be feeling.

Anyway - I haven't forgotten about you all, I'm still very much a Cyster :D

Jx

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I'm sitting here wondering who Arthur is, and why was he sitting on your shoulder Kim!!

Doohhh - do I feel fick or wit?!! :lol:

I've had a mix of a weekend - no discomfort, slight discomfort and mild pain - and its all just coming and going.

I have been really busy with my dad, so I've not had much time to rest.

I'm just home from work and need to nip out in a mo with the doggies and to pick Andrew up from school.

Tracey and Jill - you guys are doing soooooo well, I hope I manage as well you have - mind you, that sneeze must have been painful.

You guys take care - ohh and Tracey I think I've got your Facebook thingie message. I'm hopeless on Facebook - I alway end up tying myself in knots with it. I'll try and add you without making a hash of it.

Jx

• Posted

Hi Jill how are you today?

Kim poor you, you really are suffering what with your cyst and now your shoulder. I think you should go to Doctor no point suffering anymore than you have to. I hope things pick up for you soon otherwise your christmas and holiday are not going to be much fun

I am shattered today felt so tired all morning really struggled to stay awake, cant sleep though as it hurts my back. :cry:

I havent had the appointment though yet for to see my consultant he said round about 3 weeks.

I will try and find you on Facebook too :lol:

Linda are you back yet? How are you feeling not long now.

I have said to Mark if I get another cyst there will be no messing I will be demanding a fully Hysterectomy I am not being opened up more than twice.

Jinty I am glad you had a ok weekend with pain although I suspect its all the worry with your dad. Take it easy. How is he?

I will try and remember to email later.

My new washing machine is coming on Friday. Good job I can't do any housework :lol: But it had better be the last thing that goes in my house as have spent a fortune on appliences this year

• Posted

Kim think I have found you :P
  • Posted

Think I've got you Kim, but I can't find you Tracey, there's an awful lot of Traceys on Facebook :D
  • Posted

added Tracey , janice you need to add me.
  • Posted

Think I found you Janice
  • Posted

Hi Cysters

Hope we are all having a good day today

I went out today for a little browse round Tesco and out for lunch.

I certainly felt it by the end of the trip.

I have also received my appointment though for the post op follow up and its on the 1st december :shock:

I think I have been lucky as didnt get a infection and was sure I would with my roll of fat covering it :oops: think it helped that I am a fast healer

How long does it take for the swelling to go down or am I destined to have huge stomach for my whole life :lol:

Hope you have all had a great day

Tracey xx

• Posted

Hi Ladies

Good to hear from you Tracey, you sound like you're doing really well. How long are you signed off for? Mine is 6 weeks so I'll be going back to work on 15th Dec!

I'm doing ok, the \"sore skin\" feeling that I had is fading with each day so I think I might be able to put something other that PJ bottoms on soon! My husband has now gone back to work so it's good that I'm having to do things for myself.

My HRT seems to be doing the trick as I really don't feel any different in that respect so that's good news.

My house has never had so many flowers in! I had a pootle round Sainsburys yesterday with my husband but I couldn't even push the trolley! I was knackered by the end of fruit & veg!!

Hope everyone else is okay.

Jill

xx

• Posted

Hi Jill

Sounds like you are doing brilliantly.

The hospital signed me off for 6 weeks but they put the wrong date on as I was previously on sick leave so my Gp has signed me off for 4 weeks and I am hoping to go back 12th jan if I can wangle it that gives me 10 weeks. I am aiminh 10-12 weeks. Could be cos I hate my job :lol: and I have to see occ health before I go back. I deffo want a week after xmas to get my hair done as its so dry and brittle and keeps falling out so needs sorting before I go back

I went out yesterday but I felt it after an hour. Today I got apizza from asda for the kids tea as its swimming night but hubby carried the basket and I have had to come home for a rest.

I also got my ibuprofen at the chemist so saved on prescription prices.

Hows your scar doing mine is all closed now. The only bit that was left open was the hole where she had to cut the skin to take the stitch out which went a bit pus but thats all closed now. Its the Itching i CANT STAND plus I cant wait to be able to groom down there too :lol:

• Posted

Hi Tracey

12th Jan would be nice for you to go back! I'm checking my work e-mails from home but not working, it just saves having hundreds of messages in my Inbox when i do go back.

I'm having my hair done too before I go back. I think I might go for a new style seeing as this is a new phase of my life.

I can completely appreciate how tired you are. Each day I feel different but still tired. My stomach feels really heavy today, when I get out of the chair it feels like my tummy takes a few seconds to follow!

My scar is doing ok. As I've been opened up so many times I asked my consultant if he could tidy it up a bit and he seems to have done that. I still have a few scabs along the scar line and am trying not to pick at them!! Mine doesn't itch though, just feels numb. I get what you mean about grooming though! I left is for about a week but couldn't stand it anymore!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.