hi guys I don't know 8f I should be on medication? ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I will try to make my story short. It all started 1 year ago I woke up one morning feeling so heavy on my chest so I took some ventolin but I ended up taking over dose high blood pressure went sky high and had a blackout. I thought I died. So since that day every single day I feel excessive fear for nothing 24/7 anxiety and deep depression every day I wanted to take my life I even thought I was possessed 😕 my sister told me to see a psychologist and I am having a cbt which I don't think it helped me so far. Can't live my life as I used to.😢

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

if im you i wouldnt try medication as its not a permanent cure and once you get off it the whole thing can become worst taht what it is now..most important is to realise where the fear starts in the first place that put you in this vicous cycle..for me it happen 7 months ago where i gad a nightmare my stomach was cut open and i was dying..i woke up from the dream and few seconds later i had my first panic attack..ever since than i thought i was gonna have a heart attack and cant seem to get it out of my mind..somehow it just evoke alot of fear and worriness in me..i've got my heart checked out and it seem all docs says im okey and shouldnt think too much of these things..i became a paranoid hypocondriac worrying from heart issues to cancers and deadly infections..mt my main fear is still my heart..day by day i get more and more convinced that its all the anxiety..so hopefully with god's grace one fine day i will be back to normal.again..and i pray the same for everyone who suffers from this..it sucks the life out of us..im 23 young mum happily married..i just wanna enjoh my youth with my son..
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I am so sorry to hear your suffering really 😦 and by Allmighty God you will be ok... I feel the same as you I'm 33 year old mom of 5 kids happily married. But again I am suffering so much as I mentioned before wanted to end up my life. I don't have specific things I'm afraid of. Just I'm afraid of fears if you understand what I'm mean 😐. So during the day I'm anxious for nothing very sad don't feel like living anymore no life pleasure whatsoever. .. I hope i can get some help here 😢
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

im sure you will have a long beautiful and fulfilling life..you have 5 kids thats an achievement in itself..im trying for my second one..hopefully it can be a great distraction from all this anxiety mumbo jumbo..your kids and husband needs you so just go out there fake a smile and laughter,im sure the more you fake it,the more it becomes real..and one fine day you'll realise you're a normal happy individual who have nothing in her mind to fear apart from getting occuppied with daily life,you know like whats for dinner,and what to wear to work tomorrow kinda things..you'll be fine..trust yourself this phase will pass..eake up everyday morning with high spirit..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

First and foremost you have every reason to live.  You have a husband and 5 beautiful children who love you and want you in their life! You certainly have anxiety.  I have moments when i fear the fact that anxiety has creeped back into my life.  It is basically the fear of being fearful.  You have to acknowledge, do self talk that is what it is, Anxiety.  Fear/anxiety is a powerful emotion, and if not managed can rule your life.  What are you doing to face the anxiety? The first true step is acknowledging that it is anxiety, next is learning to accept what is, Anxiety.  It is caused by thoughts and feelings, especially during stressful times in our lives.  Have you brought this to your doctors attention? Have you seeked mental health help?  Are you taking time for just yourself, to breath and relax for atleast 10 minutes a day?  If you can not afford to see a doctor or mental health.  I recommend doing some "guided meditation" and doing it for 10-15 minutes a day, and see how you feel.  You have nothing to lose, and peace of mind to gain!
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Michelle thank you for your nice advice really appreciate it 😍 I live in morocco and there is not much of a help here when it comes to mental health. I do see a therapist going through a CBT which I think didn't do much, maybe a little. But I'm still struggling. I have an appointment today with a psychologist that will prescribe me some medication will see how I will cope. Can't even travel anymore last week I went to travel with my husband without kids just to take brake but that was a nightmare felt like a zombie, brain fog, couldn't feel or think clear no a petite and exessive fear really scary 😢
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Forget meds, ask for some proper therapy,CBT is a very mild and often ineffective form of therapy,theres better options out there if you ask for them
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi I had a severe panic attacks an year ago, coupled with depression and it wen to the extreme of thoughts of hurting myself or ending life. I started off with anxiety and depression medication in Jan, 2015 and recently I have been taken off the medication last month. Months following my intial episode of panic attacks I had recurring bouts of panic and deprressive thoughts but slowly decreasing in intensity and finally none since past many months. So when these things are new we wonder why something liek this should happen to us but you will realize that you are alone and thats the reason I am sharing my story in many of the forums.

I would say do not fight it  but just let it be and slowly it will loose its intensity. Just keep doing your daily stuff, infact keep yourself focused on a task/activity , whether you like it or not. Everything is in a state of slosh right now and give it time to settle down. Keep taking your medicines and do some physical activity/ yoga/ breathing techniques( yoga helped me a lot) so you can recover quickly. So be assured and give your system some space to settle down.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi my friend! Thank you for your reply. I just wanted to update myself today went to psychiatrist and she prescribed 6 different medications and I am diagnosed for bipolar disorder. I am relieved now to just know what I have. Hope I will cope with the treatment and hope you guys are doing well 😘😘😘
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up